A Week is a Long Time......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Well, I?ve been away for a week and come back to find a caption competition where my head has been edited onto a picture of a bloke with his kn*b out, where Baz and Phil are back to handbagging each other over the seal in the Ribble, and one or two threads that had degenerated into personal abuse and had to be deleted. And probably more I?ve yet to come across.

As far as the ?caption competition? is concerned, well, those who know me are well aware I like a laugh, including when the joke is on me. Even if the picture of the kn*b had been with someone else?s head photoshopped on I think it was still just that half a step too far over the line. Only just, and I had my doubts about the decision to delete it, but when in doubt it?s usually best to lean towards the ?safe? side.

The deleted threads? There can?t be anyone who expected those to stay, but if there is anyone who thinks they shouldn?t have been deleted they?re on the wrong web site.

I accept that there is a possibility that we may see a few less posts on the forum if we don?t allow a free-for-all on the Bait Box section. But the aim is to increase the quality and if that means the quantity has to suffer in the process then so be it.

To the question of the Bait Box section being ditched my view hasn?t wavered: if it was removed much of the dross and non-fishing content would simply migrate to the other sections and threads would be pulled off course even more than they are now.

With the new editing and link buttons available to make things easier there is now no excuse for sending threads off topic. If you want to discuss a side issue from an existing topic then all you have to do is start a new thread in the appropriate section and then post a link to it in the thread it emanated from.

If you?re one of the 200+ people who have emailed me in the last week and are waiting for a reply, bear with me, I?ll be working my way through them over the next day or two.

Good to be back? Course it is! I can still laugh at the things I have to delete even though they can?t stay for public consumption. And Wol?s still a t*t so what else can you expect:)-)

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I was in stitches reading that thread funniest thing I've read in ages, although I can see why it got deleted.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And the winner is:

Dave Barber, with the caption:

"Wol...mate you trying to get me fired?!"

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Good to have you back chief!

It was the funniest thing i have ever seen, i am a little disappointed it wasn't you Graham because on the next fish-in i wanted to sit on your knee LOL

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I don't know what the fuss was about something so small in the trouser department ......

M

MarkTheSpark

Come on, Graham. There were some VERY funny captions. You don't have to reinstate the picture to let us know which one we thought was the funniest...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

He's just jealous about the size .............

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Well as you can see my handbag had some heavyweight stuff in it. Whereas Baz?s was empty!

T

The Monk

It was the funniest thing i have ever seen, i am a little disappointed it wasn't you Graham because on the next fish-in i wanted to sit on your knee LOL

You certainly wouldnt be disappointed if you sat on my knee Wendy

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Good to have you back Graham but with regard to the Caption Comp. picture, that's been on a few forums and to my knowledge this is the first time I've seen it deleted. I thought the "Bait Box was for over 18's and let's face it you can see far worse on TV almost every day.