Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Well, Iíve been away for a week and come back to find a caption competition where my head has been edited onto a picture of a bloke with his kn*b out, where Baz and Phil are back to handbagging each other over the seal in the Ribble, and one or two threads that had degenerated into personal abuse and had to be deleted. And probably more Iíve yet to come across.

As far as the Ďcaption competitioní is concerned, well, those who know me are well aware I like a laugh, including when the joke is on me. Even if the picture of the kn*b had been with someone elseís head photoshopped on I think it was still just that half a step too far over the line. Only just, and I had my doubts about the decision to delete it, but when in doubt itís usually best to lean towards the Ďsafeí side.

The deleted threads? There canít be anyone who expected those to stay, but if there is anyone who thinks they shouldnít have been deleted theyíre on the wrong web site.

I accept that there is a possibility that we may see a few less posts on the forum if we donít allow a free-for-all on the Bait Box section. But the aim is to increase the quality and if that means the quantity has to suffer in the process then so be it.

To the question of the Bait Box section being ditched my view hasnít wavered: if it was removed much of the dross and non-fishing content would simply migrate to the other sections and threads would be pulled off course even more than they are now.

With the new editing and link buttons available to make things easier there is now no excuse for sending threads off topic. If you want to discuss a side issue from an existing topic then all you have to do is start a new thread in the appropriate section and then post a link to it in the thread it emanated from.

If youíre one of the 200+ people who have emailed me in the last week and are waiting for a reply, bear with me, Iíll be working my way through them over the next day or two.

Good to be back? Course it is! I can still laugh at the things I have to delete even though they canít stay for public consumption. And Wolís still a t*t so what else can you expect(:-)

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt Guest

Fanx

x

are you going to declare a winner of the caption competition Graham ?

I was in stitches reading that thread funniest thing I've read in ages, although I can see why it got deleted.

And the winner is:

Dave Barber, with the caption:

"Wol...mate you trying to get me fired?!"

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt Guest

Can i have the goody bag?

Good to have you back chief!

It was the funniest thing i have ever seen, i am a little disappointed it wasn't you Graham because on the next fish-in i wanted to sit on your knee LOL

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

I don't know what the fuss was about something so small in the trouser department ......

MarkTheSpark Guest

Come on, Graham. There were some VERY funny captions. You don't have to reinstate the picture to let us know which one we thought was the funniest...

I bet you wear your speedo's next time.

Sorry Boss ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast