Radcot

Sid Little

Reaction score
Hi Just wondering where tickets are now that turners tackle has closed in faringdon for the local thames at radcot and tadpole etc?

Cheers

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I think that Tadpole (the 2+ miles of water downstream of bridge) is still run by the Trout Inn P.H. by the bridge. Honesty box in car park last time i fished (or in pub during working hours).

Dont know about the Radcot section.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
clanfields a good bet....cheap ticket for a season, let me know if you want contact details

maceo

Reaction score
Sid - don't know about Radcot I'm afraid. However, if it's any use to you the section for a couple of fields upstream from the Rose Revived at Newbridge is £3 for a day ticket (£2 for juniors). You just have to pay the farmer on the bank when he comes round.

Good fishing there too. Understand it had some of the top weights out at the recent Upper Thames Championships. Here's a photo of my last net down there a couple of weeks ago - dace and some decent roach.

Jason - I'd be interested to know about the section at Clanfield too. Is it possible you could PM me the same details? Thanks in advance.

003resized.jpg

Last edited:

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
Last time I fished the stretch from Rushey weir upstream to tadpole bridge, you had to have a combination for the lock on the gate. I lost the contact for them so if anyone know please pm me.

As for the pub I am not sure, I asked and they looked clueless about the fishing (despite the claim on the website)when I enquired I know they used to allow fishing, I will have to check again.

Interested in the 3 fields up from Rose revieved, is it any good for Chub? wasn't it on the Newlands ticket before?

Link to get you started

The Swan Hotel | Events

maceo

Reaction score
Yes there are a few chub and I was really pleased to catch one of 5lb 1oz out of there a few weeks ago. Only one of any size so far though. Mainly roach and chub most sessions.

Last time I was down there a couple of weeks ago, the cows were in the field right next to the bridge so there's plenty of cowpats to watch out for. They also close in behind you in an ominous semi-circle sometimes - had to ping a few small clods of dried mud at 'em in the catty to move 'em on!

I don't know if it used to belong to Newlands, but now it's the Plough Angling Club who have the rights. As I say, it's just a case of paying the farmer on the bank. The Rose Revived pub rents out bloody paddle boat things in the summer which are a real pain when they come through, but they're well finished now. The boat traffic's not too bad either. A few but not too many.

I emailed that Swan about fishing, but had no reply at all. Makes you wonder whether just to go down there on that section, fish and see whether anyone comes round or not.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
the contact for clanfield is Doug Fourshoe 07825 874779......cracking big chub water in the winter and throws a few barbel up as well, you can drive to your peg conditions allowing

cheers
jason

Sid Little

Reaction score
Any ideas for a local tackle shop around radcot faringdon I relied on turners too much.

maceo

Reaction score
The two I mainly use are State Tackle in Witney or Predator Angling Centre in Kidlington. Apart from Fat Phil's in Abingdon Rd, Oxford those are the only two I know of around here that are still open.