What do you do in yours?

S

Stewart Bloor

We all know about the dangers of using a mobile phone while driving, but are you aware that the latest craze is to watch TV while you drive.

Drivers are having TV's fitted to their dashboards, and one driver was caught watching Eastenders while driving around the M25.

So, what do you do in your car while travelling to and from fishing trips? I guess those who travel with a companion talk.

But what do you do when you're alone. I listen to CD's or else, if I have some work related issues that I'm working through, I spend the time on that.

Any unusual confessions out there? Reciting poetry? Any actors who practice their lines? Any budding singers?

C

Carp Angler

Mine is split between some Drum'n'Bass or rave CD's (very loudly), sport on Radio 5 or dictating articles/features into my dictaphone.

N

Nick Smith

Just listen to green day or REM, while thinking where to fish.
Nothing to heavy on my head first thing or it could explode.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

P

Paul Williams

Hey Rik.....you must have been dictaphoning when i heard all those strange noises coming from your van when we overnighted at Sway...... teehee!

C

Carp Angler

I just knew that you oiks would pick up on that word.

A

Alan John Degville

Ilisten to Northern Soul&American soul CDs
Cheer's Larry

J

john conway

Radio 4, Irish or Country Western taps. My little white van's not fitted with a CD and there’s no way our lass is going to let me any where near her car with any fishing gear. She hasn’t got over the smell of fish on her clothes yet when I ran her up to her sisters to pick up some gear in the van.
Couldn’t get in the back of the van one night, the lock had frozen up, so I piled everything on the front seat, don’t have to tell you how smelly bream slim can be and it’s amazing what it gets on to.

C

Cakey

Aerosmith,Bon Jovi,etc never heard of drum'n'bass though are they heavey ???

P

Paul Williams

I thought you were more into tossing your lure Chris?

R

Ron Clay

At this time of the year with the lousy road conditions, I have all my efforts concentrating on the driving!!

C

Chris Bishop

How about air fresheners..?

Deadbaits, wet clothes, mouldy old landing nets, decomposing takeaways, overflowing ashtrays... What's the best way to keep those piking niffs at bay..?

Are you the Magic Tree type - quite like the peachy one, but it only lasts a couple of days.

How about Ambi-Pur liquid, or even those Wallace and Gromit things..?

P

Paul Kendall

I drive about 50,000 miles a year so have to confess I'm a mobile phone user (handsfree), dictafone user, lunch eater, smoker, cd player, left foot accelerator, right hand gear changer and coffee drinker !

As for air fresheners - the ambi pur liquid are by far the best, they'll kill the bream slime smell and all the fag smoke. They do make u sneeze tho when the heater's blasting out.

M

Martin Wright

I drove 20 miles yesterday listening to the Tweenies singalong before I realised what was going on. The wife had left it in the cassette player for the kids.

The sad thing was I quite enjoyed it..the wheels on the bus go round and round...

J

John Huntley

Chris
Are you the Magic Tree type - quite like the peachy one, but it only lasts a couple of days.

Try the vanilla one, a very pleasant Scopex smell. Covers up the stink of pellets and meaty bites coming from the boot.

W

Wendy Perry

Mmmmmm what do i do in my car well i listen to soul music alot on my way to my little fishing outings.. also when i was working i was in the sales dept so was always on the road and had to have my music on then. Roll on getting back to work !!