CatchFishing

J

John Sayce

looks good tried chat room but no one in there will visit site again when more people know about it hope it works for u good luck

J

James Bradshaw

Hi Michael - I had a look at your site - it's got potential! I especially like the idea of a chat-room; that's the one thing THIS site lacks... May I suggest, though, that you put a thread in every forum on here, to make more people aware of your site? (Lol - maybe you have - this was the first forum I visited tonight!)
Anyway, I've added your site to my ''favourites'' list - I'll keep a close eye on it... Good luck!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
No James, please don't encourage anyone to hijack the threads with blatant ads for websites or anything else. The occasional mention is fine, but there is a free links section for websites and a free classifieds section for other sales, wants, etc, without cluttering up the forum.

As for a chatroom, if the majority wanted one then it would be possible, but I don't think they do, otherwise there would have been far more requests for one before now (I think this is the first). I can't see the point when the forums are so instant anyway.

But please, if anyone else thinks there is a need for one, let me know.

A

Ashe Hurst

I think a chat room on fishing majic would be good,i feel it could work well along side the forum,its great to get an instant response,whilst the forum gives you time to hopfully put together a valid question and reply.

F

Fred Bonney

Graham,well put,I agree with you entirely,if the lads want a chat there are plenty of other services available .

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
We'll let this thread ride for a while and see what the response is.

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

I don't think a chatroom is necessary as the replies in the forum are usually prompt enough, also chatrooms seem to attract people who have no intrest in the particular subject and are intent on causing mischief, whereas a forum seems to attract people with a genuine intrest.

W

Wendy Perry

I agree Stephen it would end up full of perverts LOL who no nothing about fishing

C

Craig w

You would need to have the chat room moderated either with some admin (real people ie: members from here!) or something, i think you can program some chat software to filter swearing etc, so when you have junior members visiting the chat it would be nice and friendly.

It could work well, If it was not up all the time but running for special events, maybe guests coming into FM chat so you could chuck questions at them about fishing or something like that.

J

James Bradshaw

Graham - you're right, of course; I know I'd get pretty racked off if every third thread here was promoting another site, or advertising something or other - apologies all round for my somewhat ill-advised remark earlier.

Re. the possibility of a chat facility; well, I think that the subject deserves a thread of its own rather than being tucked away in this particular one, so I hope you don't mind...

M

Michael Hall

I`ve found one prolam with the picture on the homepage however I will solve that 2night. However instead of opening new treads and everything maybe you could spread the word by email or something.
I will be doing some newsletters and so on and I am going to have a live chat on wednesday night if anyones intrested its on Wednesday 23rd @ 8:30pm at the following website:

Catch fishing

A

Ashe Hurst

Just checked out the chat room site,no one on it , also graphics breaking up or not avalible/no page.

M

Michael Hall

I`ll check it out I have just updated . Must of dont something to it!
The chat room meeting will be on wednesday 23rd @ 8:30pm. I have some pages to add on still which I am doing this weekend!

Tight lines!

P

Paul Williams

As far as Fishingmagic is concerned then i personally wouldn't have time to use a chat room but with a forum we can catch up and contribute when we can.....it suits me that way.