Tench ? Looking Back, Looking Forward

Tinca Tinca

Reaction score
Excellent article - from a "thinking" angler. Good to see that tench fishing is now becoming more high profile and a number of interesting articles recently.Well done Eddie and FM.

john charlton 2

Reaction score
well done eddie sounds right to me.think we may be in the same club,but not had the bottle to try certain waters.my journeys a bit longer than yours,time consuming.keep putting the effort in im sure you'll be rewarded.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Early season I'd go maggot feeder (reds)casting repeatedly to introduce bait and fish as light as you can get away with. The noise of the feeder hitting the water can be a very effective attractor for tench which are very curious fish by nature.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Great article Eddie!

I know all the waters you refer to, as I used to be a member of the club. My own personal best Tench of 7.06 came from the 'deep water'.

Good luck for this season.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Very nice article Eddie.

To me, tench fishing has got to be float fishing. And if possible, float fishing right under your rod top.

There is nothing like those tiny little bubbles exploding around your float, and then the float starts to waver around, ultimately to slide away beneith the surface.