Talking To Yourself Whilst Angling

Day Breamer

Reaction score
I do it all the time, out loud and sing too.

I often just sit there and start talking to myself about pretty much anything, and quite often too... genuinely.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
When I found myself saying "yes, we're in", "c'mon" and "that's laaverley" I made a point of restricting myself to the usual curses when a fish got away. Don't want to sound like some soft saverner:D:D:D

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
i've done it all my life ,i talk to myself (in the first person & third person narative) ,i talk to the fish .i talk to inanimate objects i even talk to my computer or rather in reply to what others have writen ,i say what i'm typing as i type .i even shout at the tv .i used too talk too my imaginary friend but we argued over a girl and he's never spoken to me since.
I've had several imaginary friends, but most fall out with me as they can't get a word in edgeways. :( It's true that I did suffer from schizophrenia, but the drugs are working and we're both OK now. :confused:

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I must have a split personaiity, so one rod is a boilie hair rig cast to the horizon and the other a waggler on the inside line for small roach. Sometimes the two get confused and its a boilie in the margin and single caster to the horizon.

markhib

Reaction score
I talk to myself whenever I'm alone and sometimes when I'm not. Always when fishing, though quietly.
Mark

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
I do the running commentary thing as well, specially if it's a big un. I talk to myself, more quietly , about feed, methods etc. I find if I do that I dont think about anything else which is why I go fishing in the first place.

watatoad

Reaction score
No I don't, I think and consider things related to what I am doing e.g. fishing, enjoy the scenery concentrate on what I am doing, but actually talk to yourself sorry but no never.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever talked to myself when fishing.

I think all the time about what I'm doing, but talk to myself? No.

That said, I have been known to chuck a shilling (in old money) into the water to 'buy a bite' and sometimes it even works . . . . . . . . .

I was once pegged next to a very good angler, who is sadly no longer on this site, and he talked to himself constantly and so loudly that I found myself answering him from time to time - lol

watatoad

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever talked to myself when fishing.

I think all the time about what I'm doing, but talk to myself? No.

That said, I have been known to chuck a shilling (in old money) into the water to 'buy a bite' and sometimes it even works . . . . . . . . .

I was once pegged next to a very good angler, who is sadly no longer on this site, and he talked to himself constantly and so loudly that I found myself answering him from time to time - lol

Where do you fish I will get my net and a long stick with some blue tack on I could do with a few bob...hehehe

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 ----------

Ah but,do you talk to the fish?
Cummon fish give us a bite (abridged version)

Hehehe. Fish are prey when I hear one of them talk to me I will pack up fishing...hehehe

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
It has been mentioned lately that I have increased my Swearing a lot recently :(

Mainly about " Bloody Northene*s " :)

Know Idea why-- Really !!

Bob

Thats uncanny bob....

The disturbing thing about talking to the fish is that it often seems to get me a bite when all else fails. It (was) one of my secrets, didn't want to tell anyone for obvious reasons..

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Drawing next to someone unfortunate enough to suffer from Tourette's syndrome was on another level altogether! Only happened the once but very distracting...

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
I once drew next to a young lady in one of the junior nationals (in clear view). For the duration of the match I was dying for a pee but the rule was that you weren't allowed to leave your peg or you were disqualified. I did more than a bit of talking to myself on that day.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
Where do you fish I will get my net and a long stick with some blue tack on I could do with a few bob...hehehe

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 ----------

Hehehe. Fish are prey when I hear one of them talk to me I will pack up fishing...hehehe

i've had gudgeon & perch talk to me ,didn't understand a word though ,so just ignored them and threw them back