Isfield & District Angling Society

Weazle

Reaction score
Hi all,has anyone got any info on this club which is in sussex it's supposed to have about 25 different lakes.I can't find any info on the web and would like to know where i can join.

Thanks for your help.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
The East Grinstead tackle shop does membership. I've looked in the waters bit and theres loads. LOoks a really good club, I just need some money to join. Give me a minute and I'l find you the tackle shop number.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Weazle where abouts in Sussex are you out of interest?

Weazle

Reaction score
Hello Marcus,I belong to Hassocks AS,but I fish all over Sussex at different day ticket waters.
Where do you fish?

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Hi weazle

Haywards heath A.S. and Sussex Piscatorials waters (just became a member)

What are the hassocks waters like?

I have fished the Adur before hassocks took it over, had some fantastic roach fishing!!!

Weazle

Reaction score
I joined last year but only got to fish them a few times so haven't had much luck so far.I mainly fish for carp so I will be fishing at Wildings farm lake which is meant to have some very good sized carp,but i have been told is quite a difficult water.Decoy lake is great for bagging up on smaller carp but can get quite busy and ends up feeling like a day ticket water.Only spent a few hours on the Ouse at Hamsey.
Very nearly joined HHAS because i liked the look of Slaughham lake because it had carp and pike in but the person who owns it won't let you use boilies or a bivvy,which is not good if you want to go night fishing.Have you fished this lake and if so is it any good for day sessions?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Weazle, give Masons ago. Not huge fish but fight like stink and all pristine condition!

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Weazle

Fished slaugham once, for the tench, but got "rudded" out. I have heard there are some biggish carp lurking in there.

If you want carp, look into SPS, carp to 40lb (if thats what floats your boat), but you'll probably have to wait until next year to become a member.

Weazle

Reaction score
Hi Marcus,yes that does float my boat,how do i get info about SPS,can't find any info on the net.Is there anything you can tell me about them?

Weazle

Reaction score
Hi Christian,
Haven't tried Masons yet but I think it will be good as a summer water for surface fishing for those hard fighting "wildies".
Do you belong to Hassocks?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Weazle I used to, as my dad used to live in North Chaily. We could walk to Masons from his house through the fields.
Only ever had a couple on bread crust down there though (although only tried a couple of times), normally fished sweetcorn or if it was slow maggots.
Only really a summer venue though, really switchs off in the winter. From about now, on a warmer day until it starts to cool down is the time to fish it.
On a good day you'd get 5 or 6 but don't fish to light as they do go mad. All the swims produce but my favourite was lilys on the car park side or right round the other side theres a enclosed bay. That was always good but the reeds are getting out of control now I think.

Weazle

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Christian,where do you normaly fish these days?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I'm a member of East Grinstead Angling Society (living in East Grinstead), so fish Readers lake a little bit. Which Isfield angling share. Also a bit on the Medway. The other 50% of my fishing is up in Herts where my Dad lives.

By the way, shall hopefully be joining Isfield Angling soon as have just got 20 woppers off my Grandad. So not to much more saving.