Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default clip on polarised lens

As I now need varifocal spec, does anyone use those clip on type of sun glasses for fishing

I've seen some clip on polarised lens in Climax and am tempted to get a pair - and info would be good
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Default Re: clip on polarised lens

I have the Diawa clip ons and they are fine . Only £12....

cheers Peter

The ones I saw were cheapist about £10 - different colours - might be worth a punt
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

The wonderful world of spectacles, all I know is I've just returned from Dollond and Aitchison and feel as though I've been mugged, somehow my wallet has been relieved of £600 yet I should be pleased because the sunglasses came free.

And I couldn't have polarised because of the frame I chose...............hopefully I won't have to go back for a couple more years!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pope View Post
    The wonderful world of spectacles, all I know is I've just returned from Dollond and Aitchison and feel as though I've been mugged, somehow my wallet has been relieved of £600 yet I should be pleased because the sunglasses came free.

And I couldn't have polarised because of the frame I chose...............hopefully I won't have to go back for a couple more years!
    Are you boasting or whinging?

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Anyone know if polaroid is a all or nothing thing? Or do you get better polarisation [sic] if you spend more|? I don't mind looking like a dork if I get nerds specs; as long as they are as good as you can get...

Blog Entries

I wear contacts now all day, just take them out at night and even then, I can leave them in the odd night now and then - like tonight. I should have reading glasses, but I don't read when I go fishing, when I do require them a cheap pair of 1.5 diopter lenses from any chemists will do. So now I can wear any polarised glasses whilst fishing.

If I don't wear contacts I have a standard pair of glasses matched for my eyes, of course, and a second pair of fine variables for reading the screen and a book, but I have to swap if I get up for a p.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Whinging most certainly!!

I'm not happy at all!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soffit View Post
    Or do you get better polarisation [sic] if you spend more|?
    No, I don't think you do. You just pay through the nose for a designer name to sit on your nose. Polaroids, the brand, are the best, but there are many available on the high street, Boots for example, that offer excellent value.

Steve, you should have gone to - (Nah, not Specsavers) Vision Express. The last lots I got were nowhere near that price and the standard vision frames were titanium, the lightest glasses I have ever had. At times I wonder why I want contacts, but it is a freedon thing.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Hi Jeff,

I wear varifocals and the problem is according to the optician my prescription has changed.

She convinced me that the "best" lenses are what I needed as the ones I have are giving me problems, dizzyness etc.

Then I said I would like the transitions and before I knew it the lenses were costing more than £400. The frames are £109 and that gave me a free pair of sunglasses with the varifocal lenses etc.

I have used the other shops but was pleased in the past with the service at D and A but I have to say I'm reeling at the moment, I was expecting to pay around £350.

My missus wears contacts and they cost around £20 permonth so if I get three years out of the new ones it doesn't feel quite so bad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    I have the Diawa clip ons and they are fine . Only £12....
    These are the ones to get - but in the amber colour. Excellent. Mine are now a couple of years old and I can highly recommend them. One of the best angling related purchases I made in recent years.
    Do NOT buy the brown or grey polaroids (even if they are only £2!!) because the amber colour will let you see five times as many fish.
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast