Hate figure , Upsets everyone

Reaction score
Everything i post Gets totally slated
I will be posting you tube clips in the spring next year of me making lures (spinners)
at the riverside then i will fish with them instantly & you can all see what i catch & you can then all stop doubting me
You will see my style , what i catch , how the fish are handled & watch as i put them back
As i take very few fish i catch , I respect my quarry
Some of you are good to chat to but most of you love to put me down
Watch this space:rolleyes:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Galloping paranoia, Mark. You, as an ex-journo, have seen it (plus, of course, the mega-egos) ... there's clearly still a lot of it about...

Reaction score
Nothing paranoid about it
I will just show people
what i do , in words & film
i am no fishing expert
But i think a lot of people on these forums think They are
Over time i have caught very good sized fish & now i aint fussy what size i get when i go out fishing
1/4 lb or 10 lb , It does not matter to me anymore
I have as much fun catching the smaller ones
Most of my fishing is for game fish , Salmon , trout , though i do enjoy the odd pike spinning session,
I really know nothing about ,Carp , Bream etc.........
So all my knowledge is in the above species

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, then, go about it a little more gently, cannibal...

I have, in my time, been nothing short of a menace to sea-trout and salmon stocks (in Wales) with Quill Minnows, Mepps, home-made Devons turned / cast in wood and aluminium, home-made spoons in copper, brass and ali', Irish Minnows, Tasmanian Devils, Rapalas and all sorts of other plugs, etc - hundreds upon hundreds of salmon, thousands of sea-trout - but I grew up and stopped...

Use such lures by all means, but don't turn them into some fish-hungry person's legal alternative to nets...

Last edited:

beerweasel

Reaction score
I don't see that Cannibal has done anything wrong, O.k maybe he was too zealous in promoting his business.
But he caught the fish legally and by fair means, why shouldn't an angler take the occasional fish for the table ?
The biggest threats to fish stocks are commercial fishing,poaching,water extraction,pollution and migratory obstructions.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In 1988, the last historical "big [huge - it was easy even for the 'mugs'] year" for salmon, I stopped my killing, knowing that a) I was out of order, and b) there would very soon be people spinning the story - "Ah, but I'm nothing, the netsmen take thousands to my hard-fished-for one..." (and since then there have been the ever-vociferous, Big Oil and Smokestack Industries-funded climate-change deniers).

In a word (to them) - "Bolli".

Just live, act and fish responsibly - we're all effed otherwise.

laguna

Reaction score
I don't see that Cannibal has done anything wrong, O.k maybe he was too zealous in promoting his business. But he caught the fish legally and by fair means, why shouldn't an angler take the occasional fish for the table ? The biggest threats to fish stocks are commercial fishing,poaching,water extraction,pollution and migratory obstructions.
Agree!

Just live, act and fish responsibly - we're all effed otherwise.
Agree.

On the fence?
As long as we all fish responsibly, perhaps even taking the occasional fish - consciences allowing, it is sustainable. The biggest threat comes from illegal fishing by unethical means and those people without a conscience. Personally I wouldn't take a fish, but each to his own.

mick b

Reaction score
As long as you fish within the rules of the ,please continue to fish with whatever method you prefer.

There are to may people who want to be regarded as better than their fellow anglers, however that's their problem not yours.

Keep perfecting your art, and if you want to take a fish or two then do so.

As the Bible says "man shall hunt and man shall kill, but man shall also preserve".

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Why so serious ? I have my own views but frankly if somebody shoves something in my face and says "look at that" then they can expect to get a fairly "robust" response. Why seek to provoke a response and then get upset when you get one ?

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
cannibal.jpg