Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum flasks.

alan whittington Guest

Default Vacuum flasks.

Right ladies and gentlemen,opinions please,ive had several stainless steel flasks,all of which dont hold a candle to my old glass inner Aladdin 1ltr,which holds the coffee hot enough to be of use,after i get home,which when i make it up at 5-15am and get home at after 6pm,is pretty good....trouble is,although i have a spare,aladdin seem to have discontinued this flask(ive seen some in a couple of outlets on the net),i cant see the point in buying more until needed(until i break one),so whats your view,any good s.steel flasks that hold their heat like my oldun(the one im using is 9 years old),cheers Alan.

Default Re: Vacuum flasks.

There realy is only one in my opinion, Stanley.
    I like to ring the changes so I take a box with coffee, tea bags, milk powder, bovril cubes etc.
    The Stanley after warming up and then filled with boiling water is hot enough to make tea after a long cold day.

Alan: In case you missed it this subject was discussed at some length not too long ago....Needless to say I cannot remember the Thread title but someone will know.

I have two stainless steel 1L flasks from John Lewis that do a good job for trips up to 6 hours or so, but once one is two thirds empty it tends to cool rapidly hence the need to take another that remains hot until needed. I only ever fill them with hot water but I'm sure they wouldn't last for 12 hours....

I've often thought of buying a known brand like Aladdin on the basis 'you get what you pay for' but my JL jobbies will last for years..............

I'll be interested to see what replies you get!

ps In winter I tend to wrap my flasks in tea towels which helps a bit.

The 'Stanley' sound good...........

Forgot to say about the Stanley, they come with a lifetime guarentee.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I'm a total tea addict. I dread to think how many cups I drink a day but whenever I went fishing it was coffee because the cheap flask's I had just weren't up to it. So I stopped messing about and bought a proper top of the range ss flask by Thermos. Absolutely brilliant. I think the one I bought [The Rock] is discontinued now but I do think it is worth paying more for a top of the range flask. I fill mine with boiling water & make perfectly respectable tea all day long...yes it loses a bit towards the end of the day but even the last cup is acceptable. Only downside is that its heavy but frankly if it means I can have a half decent cup of tea I'd carry it if it was twice the weight.

I looked at reviews on the Outdoorsmagic site before deciding which one to get.

Some people are so poor, that all they have is money

alan whittington Guest

Hi Barry,i had a Stanley 1ltr,didnt keep it hot (enough),so ebay was the only option for it,but thats not to say two 0.5 ltr ones wouldnt perform better though.Just to say the Stanley flasks are Aladdin's.
    Last edited by alan whittington; 18-12-2011 at 17:28.

S-Kippy....My sentiments entirely. I often wonder if its possible to drink too much tea?

I also would carry the extra weight just to have a decent cup made on the bank with fresh water. Not top quality by any means as the water is not quiet boiling and I only use teabags but its not too bad at all..

I wonder if 'Which' have ever done any trials......I wonder why someone hasn't invented some form of chemical that might re-heat the flask water from time to time....

Hi Alan. Thats not my experience with stanly. When I got mine after a short while it lost heat. I contacted Stanley and they replaced it no questions asked. Been perfect ever since, 3 years now.

alan whittington Guest

My silly fault then,as my missus keeps telling me,lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast