a nice bit of kit for xmas

john woody

Reaction score
i got a diawa m2 11-13 feeder rod what did you get off anyone .

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I got an Okuma Sheffield.

I also got the poorest service from a tackle shop I have ever had. Shame on you Danson Angling.

I would never advise anyone to use them, its not the first time they have given me poor service, but it will be the last. Bunch of total to55ers.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
I got a Shimano Aspire Pro Competition carryall (which im still in two minds about as I preferred my older broken Shimano one) and Avanti Cyclotherm Suit (which I shall be review on my blog in due course). I guess I complained about being cold a bit to often but now I have no excuse, especially as I had thermal wellies to (excuse the pun) boot! Just need to give them a good test now!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I also got the poorest service from a tackle shop I have ever had. Shame on you Danson Angling.

I would never advise anyone to use them, its not the first time they have given me poor service, but it will be the last. Bunch of total to55ers.

I have been told never to buy from these idiots before!!

MARK

sam vimes

Reaction score
I got a Delkim and the associated bits and bobs (Nite-lite, Duo-Carb etc) to make a three rod set up rather than my previous two.

I have bought the odd fishing pressie for myself though and just got back from a post Christmas tour of Leeds tackle shops.;):D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Forgot to add I got my pro-logic brolly, even though she bought it me weeks ago! Her dear old dad got me a korum chair bag, just what I wanted!

Mark

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Drennan 13-15'0 Floatmaster bought from Fosters in Birmingham (excellent customer service and matched the "clearance" price being offered by another company on the internet). As soon as the Severn slows down a bit I'll put a review on.

terry m

Reaction score

I rang these clowns once with a view to buying a set of three Shimano reels, but they decided that their advertised web price was wrong and wanted to hike the price. Needless to say the call was cut short and I bought from another Company - Mr Fish I think - who were excellent. I would have to be desperate to return to Dansons.

soffit

Reaction score
I had to have a Shakepeare Mach 3 Waggler for float trotting. It cost a lot/ doesn't weigh much/works brilliantly/ The wife doesn't know she has bought it for me......

I think....

paul80

Reaction score
I got a Marco Cortesi Mk2 Centre pin, a Youngs Avon/Quiver Rod, a TF_Gear Compact allrounder and a TF-Gear Compact Carp Rods.

Paul

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I rang these clowns once with a view to buying a set of three Shimano reels, but they decided that their advertised web price was wrong and wanted to hike the price. Needless to say the call was cut short and I bought from another Company - Mr Fish I think - who were excellent. I would have to be desperate to return to Dansons.

I wanted a new pin and the prices on their website seemed pretty competitive, so I rang them to see that they had the reels I wanted in stock and checked on the prices. "Yeah, in stock and the prices are correct". I went to the shop and he showed me the reels he had, the one advertised for £149 had risen to £320 and the other one was also dearer than they quoted, the muppet serving me didn't even have the good grace to apologise for messing me about. I could have bought an Okuma Sheffield from them, but I went to Anglers Base in Penge and they matched their price anyway. What's more the service was first class. I should have gone there in the first place.

mol

Reaction score
Not a bit of tackle but I got my new club ticket for the comming year.

xenon

Reaction score
Bit of history to put this in context. Way back in 1972 Leicester AS (otherwise known as the Likely Lads) won the Div 1 National, each member of the team was given a Mitchell 410 as part of the prize for winning. My Dad was part if the team and gave me said Mitchell this Christmas-in original box, never used, so therefore i mint condition! (he had about 3 Mitchell's already so did net need another)

nicky

Reaction score
got a tfg compact seat box and maver abyss x 12ft 2 piece float rod for exactly £100

terry m

Reaction score
A Greys Distance Plus spod rod with a Daiwa Emblem spod reel - the biz, and a signed copy of Mick Browns new pike book - not had a chance to read it yet.

Oh us, a Trakker NXG quiver, a super bit of kit that keeps made up rods tight and compact.

soffit

Reaction score
they are the best kind who knows what i like better than me:)

Exactly...If I told my wife I wanted a Mach3 Waggler she might have thought I wanted some sort of sex toy...

mark knowles

Reaction score
New chest waders, these ones do at least keep the river on the outside, which is nice particularly in winter.