Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default You best and worst fishing related momnets of 2011

Fly fishing - taking a half day lesson on fly casting and improvong 100% (well there was a lot of room for improvement)

Coarse fishing - catching some nice carp of the top on bread and then when everyone else was doing that baiting the margins and taking the carp there

Best buy - "brand new" unused 11ft Drenan casrp feeder for £35 abd £50 for a seatbox with all the trimmings in immaculate condiition

Worst - being warned by the powers that be on FM that my "banter" wasn't wanted and any more and I'd be banned for life
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Default Re: You best and worst fishing related momnets of 2011

Best: Catching a humdinging perch

Worst: Having a shimano baitrunner bail arm fail (again) on day 1 in cuba, then breaking my 'heavy' rod in cuba also not that it mattered so much as my second reel was already knackered. Thankfully I took 2 rods and 2 reels.

Blog Entries

Best: Watching a near 40lb grass carp swim 10ft past my floating bait then turn and inspect it, then swallowing it... Ahhhhh!!!

Worst? None.
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Best: My 27lb Pike on the last weekend of the 2010 season, not only for the fish - but I couldn't have wished to catch it with any other angler than my fishing buddy that day.

Worst: None really, it's been a reasonable year with no disasters.

Most humorous (for anyone that was watching) after a sort out and leaving both landing net handles in the garage, landing a few good tincas from low water using a bank stick
    Jerry
    PS Yes, there was a net on the end
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Best - Catching my first double figure carp. Although the tench I caught on a piece of sweet potato was a close second.

Worst - Realising that the moisture on the back of my trousers wasn`t dew but coffee and that I hadn`t fitted the lid to my flask correctly.

Best - 1st 20lb pike from the Avon in February, then increasing the PB to 21-12 in December. Also getting my best UK Common at 29-10.
    Also a days predator fishing on Lake Delavan in Wisconsin as a thankyou from some business acquaintances. Caught plenty but no monsters, but great to try it 'The American' way!

Worst - being flat rodded by a pike in November, then my drag sticking long enough for the line to part - gutted!

Blog Entries

Best - being offered a nice little 1000yard backwater on the Thames including a weir all to myself for a nice affordable price.

Worst - Only fishing it once since there's been no flow going through it at all.

Best - being offered 7miles of Wey Navigation for our Association for a very generous price, thank you National Trust.

Worst - Fishing has been bad all over the Thames this year, but being beaten by Mr Seaman who had a nice barbel and me not having scratch. Most embarrasing especially with guests there.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Starting fishing all over again

The fact that the Royalty is 200 miles away. I slept rough there one night in my youth and remember all sorts of sucking and blowings in the shallows[ spawning?] Then wandering about at first light. Don't recall any barbel but I do remember huge roach just hanging in mid-water in the slacks. I thought they were bream at first until I noted the red fins!

10. Default Re: You best and worst fishing related momnets of 2011

Best - leaving the UAE to return to the UK for my fishing obsession

Worst - telling the wife and my 2 year old we were leaving the UAE for my fishing obsession

Best buy - Daiwa SR3 Pole.

Best fish of the year. My first ever Grayling. Up until that fish. I had only ever been a fish in pictures
    Last edited by caesarson; 01-01-2012 at 09:35.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast