Gimmicks that aren't

sam vimes

Reaction score
Been mucking about with another one recently, Nash Triggalink. I'm totally disinterested in the forum chatter I've seen about the rig mechanics involved. All I know is that I've used it on a few pressured venues where finicky indications are the norm. Every take I've had when using the stuff has been a screamer.:)
Quite looking forward to seeing if it has any use in my barbel fishing.

peterjg

Reaction score
Does anyone remember those plastic waggler floats (a bit like a drinking straw) that had a hollow tip with a small hole in the side just above the waterline - supposedly easy to see but with little resistance (circa 1970s)?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Does anyone remember those plastic waggler floats (a bit like a drinking straw) that had a hollow tip with a small hole in the side just above the waterline - supposedly easy to see but with little resistance (circa 1970s)?

I don't remember them, but Cralusso do inserts which sound suspiciously like a modern variation on the same theme. Possibly a little difficult to discern on the following link but they are there...:: CRALUSSO ::.. - Intelligent Fishing Floats | Products | Match floats | Rocket Light

samcoles

Reaction score
Slack lines for carp - With no resistance to set a hook into the fish's lip (I usually fish with running rigs for carp), how could it work??? But it does!

Unless you are using massive rings to attach the lead for the line to pass through then the bolt effect of your leads is probably a lot more than you think it is.

sam vimes

Reaction score
There's a vid on youtube about the tri drag reels, If it's already been posted I don't know as I haven't read through the whole thread but I don't suppose it being posted twice will do any harm :).....

Shimano Tri Drag system on Twin Power CI4 RA - YouTube

The only harm it does is muddy the waters. It's a dismal explanation that does nothing to dispel the notion of the reel being a complete gimmick.

I recently bought spare 3000 and 4000 sized reels (brand new and boxed for a bargain price). That should give a fair indication of just how highly I rate the reels.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only harm it does is muddy the waters. It's a dismal explanation that does nothing to dispel the notion of the reel being a complete gimmick.

I recently bought spare 3000 and 4000 sized reels (brand new and boxed for a bargain price). That should give a fair indication of just how highly I rate the reels.

It is a pathetic video, it doesn't explain anything at all.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have one of the reels Sam has been talking about and it's the best fixed spool reel I have ever used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trotter2

Reaction score
Does anyone remember those plastic waggler floats (a bit like a drinking straw) that had a hollow tip with a small hole in the side just above the waterline - supposedly easy to see but with little resistance (circa

Yes I remember them made by sundridge tackle in the early 80s
I remember making some, may still have them somewhere:rolleyes: