Serious cold weather footwear.

sam vimes

Reaction score

geggsnick

Reaction score
only thing that get's me on a cold day is my cold feet, just bought some heated socks, will try them out next weekend and let you know. I've tried different boots and different combinations of socks and nothing seems to work!! other than that i love fisihing in the cold, fish seem to look better and it's less busy

john step

Reaction score
skeetex boots do it for me. You can even buy spare thermal liners for when the inners wear out. They are apparantly good for R. Finnes on his Polar trips!!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I confess to being a big girl and not venturing out when its mega cold but I'm normally happy with me Muckboots and a couple of pairs of proper socks. Got a pair of TFG Super Tuff boots from Santa...quite impressed so far,again with two pair of decent socks.

red creel

Reaction score
A combination of Brasher socks and the Chub field boots have banished the dreaded cold feet syndrome for me.

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
I have a pair of Sundridge boots but always found them too uncomfortable to walk in. Bought a pair of Muckboots before Christmas and they are much better to walk in an almost as warm. It hasn't been very cold yet mind...

soffit

Reaction score
Brasher walking boots. Despite linings or whatever I have never found any rubber/vinyl to be as snug as leather.

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Matthew Nightingale (ACA) said:
I have a pair of Sundridge boots but always found them too uncomfortable to walk in. Bought a pair of Muckboots before Christmas and they are much better to walk in an almost as warm. It hasn't been very cold yet mind...

I have that same combo (muck boot derwent which aren't specifically cold weather). The muck boots are supremely comfortable and you could walk for miles (and despite the blurb sweat for Britain ). If you are static try the muck boots but keep the sundridge ones in the car if I were you.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
When considering cold weather footwear, you have to seriously consider the socks that you will be wearing, they can be just as important as the boots for keeping out the cold.
Go Outdoors website have a good range of various socks to choose from to suit all conditions.
Sealskinz do some really good stuff but they can be expensive depends on your budget i suppose.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Skee tex moon boots, never had cold feet with them. Luckily I don't like walking too far if it's that cold, come to think of it I don't much care for walking anyway;) - guaranteed to -50, and you don't need extra socks. Skee tex barbel boots for distance walking for the other three seasons, or warm winters like this.
Jerry

chav professor

Reaction score
We could do with some eskimos really..... I bet they know a thing or two about warm feet. perhaps wrap a polar bear pelt around each foot and bind tightly with walrus skin leather?

agamemnon

Reaction score
get a pair of army hortex/thinsulate lined boots with a decent pair of wooly socks

andy nellist

Reaction score
Baffin Outback Boots with normal socks keep your feet warm and dry in any weather.

Combine then with a Sundridge Igloo MK 6 suit and two piece Sundridge sleepskin thermals underneath and you'll be comfortably warm in any conditions. The suit also doesn't eimpeede movement when you are playing a fish and is silent.