Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

The fishing rods made from carrots that Ron was eulogising over not so long ago?

Funny you should ask that ED!

I thought rather than forking out for one (I am a Yorkshire lad after all is said and done!) I would have a go at making one myself.
    The problem is of course that it is very hard to get hold of a 13ft carrot, so I opted for a pocket spinning rod made out of a carrot as 5 to 6inches seems to be a reasonable average.
    Unfortunately, after hours of carrot whittling, whilst I went for a pee, my auntie Kathleen grabbed the piscatorial root vegetable, chopped it up a bit and chucked it into the casserole for tea, so we shall never really know if it could have handled a hard fighting pike, anyway the casserole was very nice…so it ended happily.

The Monk Guest

I had a Spanish reed rod, what a load of **** that was

If I make one do I leave the green bits on the end?

The Monk Guest

yeah, its good camo

Bully Guest

Yup, I got one. Put it down for a pee, came back and some sodding bunny had eaten thru it.....

Wolfman Woody Guest

Highly unlikely for me too Ed. We have an infestation of rabbits on our fishery now.

Ron's offered to come down and shoot some, but with his dodgy arm he's more likely to his the windows.

EC Guest

I'm still waiting for the revelations, which, according to his special judge friend, were going to turn the establishment upside down.

Come on Ronald Mcdonald spill the beans.

Ged Guest

I think they were only making fly rods!
    Would they replace the rod if eaten by rabbits?

Trev 2 Guest

The rods were on show at the Scottish Game Fair at Scone Palace,just outside of Perth, over the last weekend. I had a look at a couple of them and gave them a wiggle( nowhere to try a cast) and they look like a fairly top of range rod. Unfortunately(?) I didn't get chat with designers or to see the prices, too many people at the stall and Dom-Management wanted to watch some bl**%y ducks performing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast