Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Natural baits

Paul (Brummie) Williams Guest

I'm off barbelling in the morning and my pellets and feeder plug groundbait are made up ready, but another thread has had me thinking about pellets and naturals all day.

I have caught plenty of fish with natural "gathered" or "caught" type baits over the years, my all time favourite being lamprey larvae.

I have to be honest and say at this point i do not know if we can still use them,but know they would catch me fish in a survival situation in the worst scenario.

What natural...either gathered or caught baits do you know of that mother nature provides us with?

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

maggots
    casters
    worms

worms.....
    grasshoppers ......
    leatherjackets .....
    grubs .....
    The most important bit of kit never to forget - a disgorger.

Paul (Brummie) Williams Guest

Maggots and grubs are a group of a type of natural bait.....be more specific please!

And pref a bait you can use on the day you want to fish.....you may have to look a long time for casters!!!

Water Snails

or Helen Mirrens better parts, there natural.

EC Guest

Look in the mirror!

SLUGS.

EC Guest

Berries, crayfish .............minnows!

Prawns, mate of mine had a barbel and a very big chub on those on the Severn on Thursday and how about elderberries, yes I know roach love them but what about Barbel? Wheat is an old favourite of mine too, I've caught loads of fish on that.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Slugs - slugs - slugs or Helen Mirrens parts - Oohh dear can't bear the thought.

Feed with hemp.

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Woodlice?

Caddis Larvae?

Freshwater Mussel?

Silkweed?

Not used any of the above I might add but I have plenty of woodlice in the garden so maybe one day.

Interesting article on this subject Paul in this month's CAT by Steve Sayner singing the praises of worms as an early season barbel bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast