Thieving BAS****S!!!

I

Ian Cloke

A friend of mine has had all his fishing tackle stolen, fro his garage which isn't insured on his house policy(according to his insurers!)Among the items are some quite valuable things and some fairly unique items, some of which I'll list below. I would appreciate it if you could please keep your eyes out for any of these items, and let me know if you see them.

Garbolino holdall with 96 16m pole + 8 top kits,
Garbolino renaissance 16m pole in Preston holdall + top kits,
2x Daiwa feeder rods, Raiwa & Stillwater,
Carbotec 13ft Feeder - VERY RARE
Shimano 12ft Antares feeder rod,
20m ABU Ambassador pole - VERY RARE

These are just a few of the items that were stolen, but I think they will be the easiest to spot.

Thanks, Ian.

T

The Monk

every anglers nightmare, I never leave anything in the shed, all my gears in a very safe lock up in the house behind alarmed doors. thats a terrible thing to happen, the scum want dismembering, amputation for theives, I think we get a lot of things wrong in this country

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Despite what my mum wants I refuse to leave my stuff the garage (excpet mats and nets etc) so all my tackle and rods live under my bed.

Hope your mate gets his stuff back Ian!

C

Cakey

my boy does that Christian.................so we have to share the place with all the North Met bugs !

Reaction score
I`m sorry for your mates loss Ian but some people won`t learn ,thousands of pounds worth of gear left in a shed or garage is just plain stupid ,after all you would`nt dream of putting your telly , computer ,hi fi gear etc in a garage so why something that means more to you than the above ?

B

Bully

....and if its worth that much, surely they could have insured it?

Not to say that the thieving scum shouldn't have their nadgers cut off, but.......

....but I am just going to check my policy!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Keep an eye on E-bay chaps!

I think the problem is that we assume our gear is covered. The garage was probably locked and bolted but not covered on the policy. I had some gear nicked from my back garden once, I forgot to put it away, but it was covered! Don't ask me how, but it was?

Check your insurance details.

Good luck to your mate Ian, but that is some quality gear. Hopefully it will show up, but I doubt it :-(

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
".....after all you would`nt dream of putting your telly , computer ,hi fi gear etc in a garage so why something that means more to you than the above ?"

Les, that's the most 'common sense' answer i've seen in a long time !!!.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

A friend had all of his tackle taken from an UN LOCKED out-house and his insurers payed up. No one is safe these days, not even when you live in a sleepy Devon village

One of my club junior members had his gear nicked after he went home to get his mother to collect it after a 3 day/night session, the insurers were not interested. His dad thought it would be covered under the same policy as his caravan/equipment.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Had my stuff nicked not that long ago so I know how painful it is. Unfortunately unless they're caught red handed the liklihood is that they won't be brought to justice.

I had a letter from the Police force investigating my theft the other week saying that they had exhausted all their avenues of enquiry and were sorry for the lack of a result. They then invited suggestions for community service activities for convicted toe rags as a sort of consolation gift.

When the letter came I saw the Police logo on the envelope and thought 'Oh sh*t not a speeding ticket' before I remembered why the police might have another reason to write.

Reaction score
It's sh*t, I lost all my gear in the same robbery with (Pikey) Paul, but if 'we' as a community didn't buy cheap bargain second hand gear it wouldn't happen, we create the market for the scumbag thieves!

MikeW

Reaction score
Had all my tackle stolen from the conservatory (forced entry) 10 years ago, luckily I got a full payout and gradually got my collection of tackle back together. All my gear is now kept in the spare bedroom though.
The saying "what goes around, comes around" springs to mind with the person who nicked my gear, he was caught a few weeks later breaking in to a car and confessed to several other "jobs" he'd done including mine, he spent 2 years inside and when he came out he was caught drug dealing and tried jumping out of 3rd floor window and broke, numerous bones in his body including legs, arms etc. He then spent further time inside and the hospital - I didn't get any tackle back though, that was sold on for drugs.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
We as a community [of anglers] create demand by buying cheap tackle.

Very true but you make the assumption there that anyone who fishes is inherently a good person and not a scumbag themselves.

Unfortunately as with any other walk of life there are scumbags amongst us who really don't give a sh*t about anyone else.

Present company excepted of course.

:O)

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

It would seem that different Police forces have very different attitudes towards this kind of theft.

With the young lad I mentioned above, his father asked the officers involved as to whether CCTV recordings from the nearby prison could not be used to identify any vehicle approaching the water within the very tight 'window of opportunity' as anyone visiting the water HAS to pass the prison entrance. Their answer was that the prison did not have CCTV watching the access road. Come on, one of the highest security prisons in the world does not has a camera watching it's approaches??? More likely they couldn't be &rsed as it was only a daft young lad.