Fishing at the weekend!

• Thread starter Jonathan Northmore BA HONS
  • Start date
J

Jonathan Northmore BA HONS

My dad was the one who taught me how to fish when I was younger. His fishing took a back seat and nowadays he rarely fishes at all, if ever!

I am taking him fishing this weekend for his birthday and intend to go to a commercial so tha the doesn't get bored. Not my ideal place but it will be entertaining none-the-less.

Now, do I take him to the carp lake where we can potentially expect more bites and bigger fish, OR do I take him to the other lake after crucians and tench which will be smaller and slightly harder to catch?

I know which i'd prefer!

What say you?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Take him to the easier side and let him enjoy it. You never know , it might just spark him off again. That would really be something.

J

No, he is quite impatient when it comes to fishing. Carp lake it is then. Last time I took him, he caught a fish around 5lbs and claimed that it was a monster.

Some kind of role reversal me thinks!

J

Now........to sort out this bloody weather!

J

What approach would you go for considering it is going to be peeing down all day.

Typical match lake, margin features + island in the middle. Average Depth around 4 and a half foot. Carp predominant species to low doubles. Potentially quite busy.

Maxon

Reaction score
Why dont you tell him your taking him fishing and wait for a good day to take him. he probably dosnt want a birthday treat in the rain and wind, look on bbc five day forcast... friday + Monday look ok, unless you have work. Can't think of any thing else...