Rucksack Required

S

Stuart Bullard

Yo Dave. How are you? Im just back (long story). Chub 55 is very well made, however I would recommend that everyone looks at Army surplus gear. I met a guy in my local last year who owned an army surplus shop, and the quality andprice for all types of gear was superb........

See you soon.

A

Ashe Hurst

Another bit of army kit i use,is the worrior burgan,think its about 70 ltr,dpm or olive drab,padded staps and hip belt.
Also the zip runs from just above its base,left to right,so u can open it fully to gain easy quick access.external straps ,top and bottom acomadate bivie and sleeping bag. Also an internal alloy frame and very strong carry strap at the top.
Had mine since 1995,scrubs up clean,water proof,hard as nails. Holds huge amounts of kit.
Also cyclops rock (burgan) dpm monster bit of kit had mine since 1987, about 90 ltrs,you name it,its been through it and carried 60lbs no probs over 50 miles many times.Still use it on longer sessions,extremley comfy,well padded,scrubs up every time,water proof.

R

Rob Brownfield

U can also get the new day patrol sacks, 45 litres, zip all round as well (for radio access really, but ideal for getting at ya flask!)

P

Paul Thompson

Bloody 'ell, this is like going to a regimental reunion. Anymore talk of dpm and bergens, and I'll have to break out my reserve gear, pull up a couple of sandbags, and swing that lantern :eek:)

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
My yellow streak might prevent me from buying army surplus. I don't want the remotest possibly existing that someone will mistake me for a person with any kind of backbone. When the fighting starts that's when I leave, obviously necessary to preserve my good looks.

Seriously, thanks guys. It's good to know what others have experienced when buying new kit and I don't want to waste another ?70 or ?80 quid on crap products.

J

John Pleasance

It seems like everyone else makes their stuff last for ages, which begs the question what do you do to destroy yours so quickly Dave ?

Has that Paul Williams chappie been putting live sheep in them ? LOL

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I probably just take too much gear John. Brummie is too tight to share any sheep he catches (which isn't many at his age!)

Stuart B, just tried to mail you direct, but my mail address for you obviously isn't your current one. Drop me a direct mail dave.cooper@lineone.net

G

Gary Knowles

I got mine from Staperley Angling Centre but most of the big shops do them.

just phone a few up and ask for 'SLAM' rucksacks.