The History of Angling (according to Lord Paul)

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Lord Paul

Excellent reading, makes me wonder why I dropped history at school when there is such absobing stuff to be learnt. However, the statement:

The other week, whilst up in the attic cleaning out the cage.......

That makes me wonder if the butler is off on holiday, (unpaid, of course)if you are forced to do such menial work? Failing that, surely there was a footman or someother flunkey available.

T

The Monk

Fasinating stuff Me Lud, I always knew my anchestors had something to do with it
icon_celebrate.gif

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I was hoping for perhaps a little bit more of your Lordship's ancestry to be dealt with, tracing forward perhaps from where the Da Vinci code left off on through blessed Saint Isaak of Walton to your goodself ?

Via such ancestors as the Great Lord Skid and others who have similarly left their Marks....

And the earlier meaning of fly fishing, from the very early days of development of the button fly up to the zipper and their application to the quarry, the lower in 'tween maid......

I look forward to further such elucidation and explanations with anticipation !

big T

Reaction score
The reason he didnot send a flunky to do it was cause they where on strike for better working conditions, (sick of all the grewell).

T

Terry Comerford

Margin lances were only used by Kings and Queens, as they ruled the margins. These rulers often avoided assassination attempts, as they knew something was afoot.

Chinese rulers had12 ninches to protect them, they were all straight.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Thank you M'lud, I had oft pondered on the phrase 'Rod and reel' and it's origin !!!.

As for you Terry, I think i've got your 'measure'.