Aldi Fishing Tackle Coming

maceo

Reaction score
They have a full page advert in the AT today.

It is going to appear from 5th March apparently. 4 ball bearing reel for £15 looks good and the £7.99 tackle selections too.

I'll be going down there for a closer look when it arrives anyway.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not really, Aldi and Lidl are owned by two warring Brothers who disagreed over just about everything and then opened very similar stores on the same sort of lines.

Now, not a lot of people know that . . . . . . . . .

Bet you did not know that Adidas and puma are owned by two warring brothers too!!!

Mark

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

They have a full page advert in the AT today.

It is going to appear from 5th March apparently. 4 ball bearing reel for £15 looks good and the £7.99 tackle selections too.

I'll be going down there for a closer look when it arrives anyway.

I bet that's quality stuff then!!

MARK

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Bet you did not know that Adidas and puma are owned by two warring brothers too!!!

Did too, lol.

Only because we had to study them and their business model and the costs of their feud when in 'B' School all those years ago - the Dassler boys, (or Daschler?) ? Can't remember their Christian names though . . . . . . . .

beerweasel

Reaction score
I can see a price war with Tescos.
The £1.99 Carp pole is on the way. (3 for a fiver ?) :D

Reaction score
Check out the £1.50 Barbel Keep Net

UK_69573_01_b.jpg

They do a great barbel landing net for £9.99. Looks deep enough to keep a couple in for a while too.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Have bought a small tackle bag, scales, and gloves from Aldi all seem good quality and value for money.

The Lidl course fishing box appeared a bargain but the hooks are poor quality, I only used one and it straightened on the first run, the floats are the biggest I've ever seen and I have no idea what they're for :confused:
the shot shine like stainless steel and the float rubbers are in two sizes only.
On the plus side, the box it came in is useful to carry scaled down quantities of tackle, the disgorger is ok and there were some starlight inserts (yet to try them).

I would be more inclined to buy from Aldi

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

They do a great barbel landing net for £9.99. Looks deep enough to keep a couple in for a while too.

Sorry, forgot to mention, if that's the Lidl telescopic folding net, it's bl**dy heavy, check out how the guy in the photo is holding it :wh

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
A chap I used to see at a commercial we both fished gave me a small box of hooks - about 100 hooks in sizes 10 to Shark fishing - he'd bought them from Poundland
I have used he smallest (size 10) for carp fishing but the blunt after one fish so not very good for a runs water - I never had one straighten on me - some day I'll find a use the massive size

samcoles

Reaction score
Not really, Aldi and Lidl are owned by two warring Brothers who disagreed over just about everything and then opened very similar stores on the same sort of lines.

Now, not a lot of people know that . . . . . . . . .

Not a lot of people know that because it's not true. Aldi is owned by two brothers but Lidl is a separate family business.

It's a bit of a myth/rumour.

cypryphrenia

Reaction score
I have one of the Aldi bags and they are excellent value for the money it is essentially the Chub snooper bag at a fraction of the price

themyth

Reaction score
a proper angler would NOT use tackle from aldi!

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

a proper angler would NOT use tackle from aldi!
i'd have to buy 2 bags...one for my tackle...and one to be put on my head so i did NOT get seen using it!

cypryphrenia

Reaction score
Clearly the purpose of the one over the head one over the head will help disguise you from being spotted as a prat as well as improving your appearance :D