Plastic Buckets!!

B

Birds Nest

Bit of an odd one this... I've always used plastic buckets to store my hemp, particles, pellets annd even worms in... I used to pick them up from a hardware store but he can't get them any more and I'm having a nightmare finding anything suitable... Bascially they are buckets, with a clip on platic lid keeping it air tight... Anyone got any ideas ?

S

Steve Parsons

I got some fermenting buckets from a home brew shop.You can also see various plastic bins in your local cheap shop,(every town must have at least one of these!)

C

Carp Angler

My local tackle shops sell them in 2.5 or 5 litre versions.
I think they come from Leeda.

J

John Pleasance

If you know any painters or maybe builders, you might be able to get old emulsion paint containers,the larger ones of these would be 10 litres.

There are quite a few other products in the building trade that come in tubs like this.

Check any skips in your area too,lots of them are just thrown out.

B

Birds Nest

I'm off Skip hunting....

As usual thanks for the help...

P

Phil Heaton

car boot sale Doncaster racecourse Sunday mornings, 50p each, re-cycled from food industry I believe. Car boots in most area's and will sell same i'm sure.

M

Mike Parker

Better still pop round to your local 'proper' bakers shop! They will have a really good selection of sizes. They will either give them to you or let you have them for a pittance. They may not be designer label, or rather the label will read something like 'Cherry Pie Filling' but what the heck. CHEAP CHEAP buckets with airtight lids.

A

Alan Areskog

My local sandwich bar supplies me with containers that used to have mayo in them
they must be about 10 litres.So ask at your local shop i am sure that they will have them.

M

Martin Royffe

i have some plastic breadbins i use to keep my bait in and also 10 litre paint buckets my dads a painter.
they sell a 2.5L OR 5L BAIT KETTLE WITH HANDLES IN MOST TACKLE SHOPS COSTS AROUND ?2 FOR THE 2.5L OR ?2.50 FOR THE 5L.
I HAVE TWO OF EACH.