How to get

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)
  • Start date
T

Thalia

If it's the legs that don't do it as they used to and you are out of breath then aerobic stuff would probably be better Ron. But I would say that the first port of call would be your quack for a check up. There could well be an unseen reason for you feeling this way. That always seems to be the common advice given out to anyone of a pensionable age that wants to take up exercise

alan

Reaction score
Ron, the best thing and only thing you should do is go and see your gp. if you dont do a lot of exercise they will tell you whats best for your age and fitness level.

its not worth your life to try something your body cant cope with.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

Thre one thing that I cannot abide about fishing these days is carrying all that gear down the bank. This is why this winter I have taken to lure fishing for pike and maybe the odd perch. And I am having a little success too.

Lure fishing also enables me to do a little walking which can only be good for me.

Thank goodness I can still cast a fly well and use a multiplier as well as an expert.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I used to play rugby 3-4 times a week, I wasplaying open age rugby against hairy $rsed tattooed miners when I was 14. Now I would literally fall over ifI tried to run.

If there is some magic way of getting fit(er) I love to hear.

T

Thalia

GP first Ron and if you'vge got the time to spare for training I'd get a dog.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

It is impossible for me to own a dog.

I live alone and I like the freedom of being able to travel at a moments notice. Living the way I live is not fair on any dog.

Deanos

Reaction score
Come on then Ron!...what have you decided on as a regime to get yourself back to peak condition? THE TIME IS NOW!...we are all waiting to see the results!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Ron I can well appreciate your predicament. I am a few days from my 68th birthday and i really dont feel half as fit and strong as i did even just a few years ago.

I eat sensibly, walk almost everywhere, drink very little alchohol and do my best to look after myself but i have come to think that holding back the aging process is like walking up a down escalator.

I just grin and bear it and get on with my life as normal as possible.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Send him with me for a night in the haunted house. I'll make the bugger shift.