Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Birds Nest Guest

Just thought I'd stew up some red band in my brand new metal flask... Now everything tastes funny.... Why dod I do that ?

Rob Brownfield Guest

i used an thin aluminium camping saucepan to melt down lead for making weight..now i have a Coleman stove with a shinny lead coating and a saucepan with no bottom!

Ron Clay Guest

About 10 years ago I prepared a lovely casserole for a certain lady I was entertaining. Put the whole lot in a silver dish and warmed it up in the microwave!!

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt Guest

I got in me boat, pushed myself away from the bank out into the lake and found i had left the oars on the bank!
    D'oh

Chris Bishop Guest

Snatched what I thought were a packet of frozen sandeels out of the freezer, slung the rods in the car and went bassin'.

Got to the beach and found I'd got French beans instead.

Shrek Guest

Ron, that sounds like it made the whole evening go off with a bang !!!

What was the detrimental effect? Did the earth move?

Shrek Guest

On a more thread related note, not long after I started fishing I hooked what I thought was a big fish and stepped forward onto what I thought was the bank covered in reeds. The reeds were definitely there, just that the bank underneath them wasn't !!

Chris Bishop Guest

What made things worse was I decided to have a root through the bins in the car park, on the offchance someone else had slung their bait and an old boy came up, pressed a fiver into my hand and said: "GO on mate - go and get yourself a decent meal..."

Wendy Perry Guest

lmao Chris

Curly Guest

It's got nothing to do food items or the like but I remember fishing a small pond a couple of years ago.

I thought there was just me and another bloke fishing so when he called over to see if I had caught anything I replied, not a bloody thing, he shouted back yes you have I just saw you land something. I assured him that I had not. Little did I realise that his mate was fishing in the next peg!!! Talk about feeling like an idiot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast