'Pegging Out' Bivvies on Wooden Platforms

Reaction score
Some waters have large wooden platforms for fishing from and bivvying up on.

If you have done this then how do you peg out your bivvy on a wooden platform?

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

OK Sorted it!

little oik

Reaction score
I was going to say about using a small cordless to run some screws in to attach guy ropes or if the platforms are planks you can tie around the planks (if there are spaces between ) but then saw your edit .

Reaction score
Lifts the wire up and becomes a trip hazard that's why!

Aah, OK. But if I take a blow lamp then I can heat up the bent wire then flatten it back down with a hammer.

Now, what about pooing? I recon that all is need is a drill and a coping saw and some hinges. They can be used to cut a six inch flap in the platform - a bit like a bomb door. SPLOOOOSH! If th platform has a wire mesh on it then some wire cutters will also be needed.

The bad one

Reaction score
Pulled all the bushes out to build them then ?:rolleyes:
Behave Fred! It's waters are managed by professionals :D

Ah dumping, blow torches and hammers........ though you said you 'd read the rules now Matt :D
It's a long walk to the dump can on the luxury boards peg, but you've got to do it :eek:
All others, it's best if you take a good selections of big corks.
Or live on eggs for a few days. :eek:mg: Followed by a few handfuls of laxatives just as you leave. Should just make back to Warrington for the can at home.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
...disturbing vision of hordes of happy campers singing "Immodium, Immodium" to the tune of the Kinks' "Victoria"... Must not eat cheese at bed-time...

Reaction score
thought you said you 'd read the rules now Matt

I couldn't find anything about blow lamps Phil.

There is nothing mentioned about Wolves either. So I will be taking my pet Wolf fishing with me. It should help keep the dog walkers away (who are allowed to take their dogs on some of our waters, where as paying anglers we are not!).

The bad one

Reaction score
Ah wolves! I think you'll find they covered under the dog rule mate, as all dogs descended from them. So sadly it's no wolves either unless your a member of the public.
Not sure about cats but you'd need to have it on a lead.
There is a rule for public dog walkers, It's get on the *******g right of way! And where there's no ROW take your dog and *** off it's private land!

Blow lamps are covered under the no naked flames and fires rule.