My Pet Hates - whats yours?????

A

andrew jackson

Wendy I am suprised that you find so much time to post on here, what with all that ironing and cleaning to be done. Your old man wants to put his foot down, and get you back in line.

M

Mike Parker

Wendy,
My partner fishes as well, although she fishes mainly stillwaters . When I go fishing with her I am suprised at the number of people that don't even acknowledge her presence. People come up to me and ask what I've caught what bait etc. and not a word to her, Shes a better stillwater fisher than me!
To be told to stay at home and be a good wifey would at least acknowledges she exsists.
What is it? Are the chaps frightened that there will be allegations of rape. Do they think that she can't have any knowledge and only comes out to keep an eye on me (I don't blame her, she's got one hell of a man to keep an eye on! lol:eek:)) Or are they worried that she'll show them up? (Not difficult in most cases)
Thats what really pi**e* me off!!!!

K

Kevan Farmer

Wendy I hope that post ws a joke too. It might have helped had Andy put in this symbol ;-) or similar to signify the joke.

Anyway, back to pet hates.

Litter

Trees, bushes etc chopped down for no good reason.

Kids who ae not fishing and have no intenetion fo getting interested. I got a mouthful last year because of some kids near to me. The oldest was about 10 or 11, a girl. She was obviously looking some younger ones of around 3 to 4 yrs. The very youngest nearly ended up falling in - I was very worried and that is not a joke. I commented to her that she ought to be watching the little ones a bit more carefully and got back more swearing than I have heard on a building site.

Then of coure there are idiots with dogs. That is doubled when said idiots deliberately send the dog to chase after the wildlife - swans, ducks, coots, moorhens etc. We inevitably get the blame when said birds end up tangled in our line.

Kevan

A

andrew jackson

Come on Wendy knows I wouldnt write anything so blatently ourageous, if it wasnt a joke. It never even occured to me to put a smiley face on my post, as I didnt for one minute considered that anyone would take it serious. Now what icon do I use to siginfy sincerity? :):) :)

W

Wendy Perry

:eek:) hey i'm a happy angler again now i know Andy i didn't think for one min you meant it us oldhamers stick together :eek:)

A

andrew jackson

I am probably the last person who would have such an attitude anyhow. I can cook, in fact I trained as a chef. As well as working part time in kitchens from the age of 14, I attended and passed a 2 year city and guilds catering course. Ironing is also no problem, same with washing and cleaning. In fact I am a proper modern man, I am not working at present, after being made redundent last year. So my role is house husband, yes I do dirty nappies, the full nine yards. No macho hang ups about it either, I am quite proud of my domestic skills. It is just another string to my already heavly strung bow.

P

Paul McCabe

Dave- classic pet hate -the character with the booming voice who gives a running commentary to his 3 mates (for 6 solid hours) as he shows off his new second-hand pole (a bargain from a mate?!!?);chooses a rig; baits the hook; gets a bite;gets snagged;re-tackles; loses a fish (usually can also tell what specie it is- its size -new club record etc) and finally packs in at 4pm (miss the traffic)to go home for his tea.This character usually appears when you're stressed out and fancy a bit of peace and quiet (some hope) and is commonly found in many commercial waters and SOME of the more popular club venues. Avoid like the plague for the sake of your mental health.

K

Kevan Farmer

Andrew. No offence meant there mate. I think I was a little sensitive what with the Sedge upset incident. Having been using the web for far too long now ;-) I sort of get used to seeing smiley's dropped in for a joke or if not that then *grin*, *joke* or *smile* after a comment meant to be humorous.

As for ironing? Yep, I do that, though it does take me an hour to do a shirt but I can do it. I also bake a loaf every day and do most of the sewing in our house. Now that is a skill which comes in very handy with tackle. I've saved a couple of quid by putting together my landing net covers. Next job is a waterproof cover for my radio - I like to listen to radio 4 turned down low of course when I'm fishing.

Kevan

D

Dave Feeney

Hmmmmmm wish I hadn't started this thread as I'v now gone and adopted YOUR pet hates as well, I'm a man possessed, filled with hate and lothing and it's all your fault!!!! no longer will I be able to approach a fellow angler with out scrutinizing his every move, waiting to pounce and spout a torrent of abuse if I spot any little thing amiss, I need help. Think I'll go fishing to cool off

M

Malcolm Bason

"us oldhamers stick together :eek:)" How do you pronounce that then Wendy/Andy? Old hammers? he he he

Ironing, what's that?

Pet hates? Hhmmm? Anglers slagging off other anglers because their particular style of fishing does'nt fit in with their own.

P

Paul Williams

My pet hate is angling "writers" telling us how to do it when they have caught fewer of the species in their life than some have in a single session!
Wendy....if i come across you all alone on a lake i promise not to say that to you.......i'll just get it erected (the bivvy!)and then get on my knees begging!

D

Dave Feeney

Hi Mal , thats a good one,the club I'm in there is a carp versus matchmen thing going on, one group trying to bring in rules to suit there type of fishing,or make it difficult for the other groups style. It's at times like this ( PETA )that all branches of the sport have a united front,I'v a feeling we may need it in the future

D

Dave Feeney

Hi Mal , thats a good one,the club I'm in there is a carp versus matchmen thing going on, one group trying to bring in rules to suit there type of fishing,or make it difficult for the other groups style. It's at times like this ( PETA )that all branches of the sport, sea, game ,coarse have a united front,I'v a feeling we may need it in the future

W

Wendy Perry

I'll let you of then Paul but why would you be on your knees begging..... for me to do what ;p..... ahhhhhh i know you want me to help you put the Bivvy up ;o)