Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the best mono

Nicky Garbutt Guest

what is the best mono you have ever used cause i need to fill up all my reels.

Mike Parker Guest

Depends on what sort of fishing!
    Drennen Floatfish, Maxima, Cortland are the ones I use.

Rob Brownfield Guest

I would say Maxima for all round use. Used it from Dace up to roach, tench, carp, pike, even in the sea, uk and abroad.

The cheapo Daiwa stuff takes some beating though.

Shrek Guest

Daiwa Super Shinobi for stick float fishing as it floats excellently.

Still water fishing I use whatever comes free with magazines, or any cheap bulk spool I have happened to pick up.

Ron Clay Guest

The Daiwa Sensor is truly excellent line, a 1300 m spool is super vaue for money.

Howver the VERY best polyamide mono in the World in my opinion is Stren.

Rob Brownfield Guest

Ron, I used to use Stren ALL of the time when spinning or worming for salmon as you could see the stuff glowing above the water. I never had fish put off by the blue or yellow glow at all, but, suddenly, i started to get the stuff break where it entered the water. I was not the only one to notice this, so i stopped using it. Any ideas>

Ron Clay Guest

When I used Stren I never used the flourescent stuff. It worked very well- never had a problem

Ron Clay Guest

By the way Rob have a look at www.stren.com

Andrew Matthews Guest

For lure fishing you can't beat Yo-Zuri Aqaba (from Harris Angling). it has a lot less stretch than normal mono and is very supple - brilliant for casting with a multiplier. Being bright yellow, it's easy to see in the water too.

Andy Blessett Guest

Try taking a look at the SUFIX monos, both 'Synergy' and 'Herculine', Maxima and Pro Gold by Terry Eustace. Some may disagree with me about Shimano Technium's qualities but I find it handles very well and has low stretch qualities. I use all these and find they all handle well and are very dependable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast