Boxing Day Fishing!

Reaction score
I hope you all enjoyed your Boxing Day fishing. /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

I had a cracking day!

All the icy cold weather the week before Santa-day had me geared up for pike and zander, but I’m glad I decided, at the last, to pack my barbel gear as the mild conditions set in just before I left for my traditional post-xmas fish on the lower Severn.

When I arrived at the river, she was flooded and rising so predators took a backseat.

I ended up landing three barbel in a 5hr session in a short feeding spell between 3 and 4.30pm.. The first was a chunky5-6lber, then 20 minutes latera 9lb 8oz beast ran me ragged for 5 minutes and just as it was getting dark a 9lber exploded on to the scene.

Nice! Happy Christmas chaps!

Pics to follow…/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

The Codfather

Reaction score
Good for you ****y!

Me and my mates had already set our stall out for piking early doors so we went...5 hours later only one jack caught/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gifStill thats fishing for you!

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
Therewas always traditionaly lots of matches on Boxing Day. Has that gone by the board these days?

Be careful lads. Dont forget if your going to drive take thealcohol consumption from the day before into account. It doesnt dissapear overnight and you dont want to start 2008 off without a license.

Round by us they are out in force pulling everything.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
I had a lovely day with plenty of grayling and some decent chub/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I spent a few hours on my fav stretch of the nene,doing a spot of lure flinging.....one pike of about 4lbs or so on a large mepps spinner was the grand total.

I also took the chance to investigate some new potential chub and barbel hotspots and this sunday i`m gonna give them a bash.With therain were having and the river on the rise,i think my chances could be good.

Reaction score
9lb_8oz_Boxing_Day_Barbel.jpg

9lb 8oz
9lb_Boxing_Day_Barbel.jpg

9lbI love Boxing Day!!!

The Codfather

Reaction score
Well Done !/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

When the river is in that condition like it is behind you then how could anybody refuse some barbel action!