Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Good for you matey!!!

Hope you bag up!!!!!!

Lee

I hope you all enjoyed your Boxing Day fishing. [img]/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif[/img]

I had a cracking day!

All the icy cold weather the week before Santa-day had me geared up for pike and zander, but I’m glad I decided, at the last, to pack my barbel gear as the mild conditions set in just before I left for my traditional post-xmas fish on the lower Severn.

When I arrived at the river, she was flooded and rising so predators took a backseat.

I ended up landing three barbel in a 5hr session in a short feeding spell between 3 and 4.30pm.. The first was a chunky5-6lber, then 20 minutes latera 9lb 8oz beast ran me ragged for 5 minutes and just as it was getting dark a 9lber exploded on to the scene.

Nice! Happy Christmas chaps!

Pics to follow…[img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

Good work!

Good for you Dicky!

Me and my mates had already set our stall out for piking early doors so we went...5 hours later only one jack caught[img]/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif[/img]Still thats fishing for you!

Therewas always traditionaly lots of matches on Boxing Day. Has that gone by the board these days?

Be careful lads. Dont forget if your going to drive take thealcohol consumption from the day before into account. It doesnt dissapear overnight and you dont want to start 2008 off without a license.

Round by us they are out in force pulling everything.

I had a lovely day with plenty of grayling and some decent chub[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

I spent a few hours on my fav stretch of the nene,doing a spot of lure flinging.....one pike of about 4lbs or so on a large mepps spinner was the grand total.

I also took the chance to investigate some new potential chub and barbel hotspots and this sunday i`m gonna give them a bash.With therain were having and the river on the rise,i think my chances could be good.

9lb 8oz

9lbI love Boxing Day!!!
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

Well Done ![img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

When the river is in that condition like it is behind you then how could anybody refuse some barbel action!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123