Boxing Day Fishing!

The Codfather

Reaction score
Hi, i just wanted to see how many peeps were as mad as me and my mates..We always go piking early doors on boxing day hangover or not, so i was wondering how many others of you out their are going to be doing the same...Also where will you be fishing and what will you be fishing for..?

Happy Christmas to One and All!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

M

mark norris (ACA)

Blimey, wouldn`t I like to.

Wife,kids,grandchildren.

Fat chance

Reaction score
Codfather,

You're obviously a kindred spirit! Me and my best mate go fishing 'religiously' on Boxing day.

It's the only thing that keeps me saneduring the excessive run-up to Christmas.

Good luck mate. I've asked Santa for a 23lb Z from the Severn, just hope I'm on his 'nice' list/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hope to be tryingout my new bivvy (even if not strictly necessary) piking on Bdayfor a few hours at least

Tally Ho

Rickrod

Reaction score
i've fished boxing day for years theres usually a few other anglers about too i'am already looking forward to it

Deanos

Reaction score
Boxing day for me....every year I watch Steve McQueen trying to jump the barbed wire in "The Great Escape" he hasn't made it so far...so fishing is I think the better option.

The Codfather

Reaction score
well, im glad their are some of you out their, we should also maybe come back to this thread after boxing day to say how are sessions went..Im still trying to get a venue sorted with my 2 angling buddies..none of us can agree so far so we might have to draw straws lol!

Steve Holland

Reaction score
I used to go out on Christmas morning to a local pool until I started living with someone! Occaisionally I get to go Boxing day for a few hours, depends on how long I'm at Stapeley Ang. Centre for!!!!!

S

Stevie 12345

I remember the days when I used to break the ice with my pole before I started, now Im like a hedgehog, hibernate in winter and re-appear in Spring.

Waveney One

Reaction score
I normally go Boxing Day as Christmas Day is the THE day I MUST be at home. My son is normally here with his wife and my daughter comes as well.

This year my son, his wife and brand new baby grandaughter will be at her parents Christmas Day and here on Boxing Day. Boxing Day has now been declared as Christmas Day in our house by my wife /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif, my Aunt could also be Uncle as far as I know.

However when I suggested I could now go out fishing on Tuesday my better half said 'but that is Christmas Day!'. Confused, I certainly am /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif.

So it looks as though it will be 27th before I get out again after tomorrow.

steveo

Reaction score
I always used to go on Boxing day...this year I'll be driving to the grim North

Insted im gonna do 30th,new years eve into new years day.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
New years eve fishing, now that is crazy/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

boxing day for me .Have a walk round knock out a couple of chub then home.

jim grey

Reaction score
Hoping santa will bring me my first 20lb pike xmas morning in the cotswolds/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif