little whip?

gerry h

Reaction score
Happy new year chaps

I am on the hunt for a telescopic whip 12/18 inches long stowed away and about 2 meters extended and as light as possible

It is for sticking in the suitcase for catching bait, so thats why small and light is the requirements

ANY IDEAS FOLKS

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

Gerry,

I have never come across a short whip that telescopes down to that sort of dimension.

The Milo Alborella's that I use are about 32" when collapsed and that is for the 1.5m 2.0m and the 2.5m versions.

J

John McLaren

Really cheap but may fit the bill - Poundland do one about those dimensions - for £1!!!!

coelacanth

Reaction score
The ones from Poundland are pretty variable, you're better off buying a few and selecting the best couple, the others you could always E-Bay or something and get your money back with interest (I took a couple in to my local tackle shop for them to play with and they've had people trying to buy them for £5). Great for bait snatching or for kids to have fun with, I've had Roach up to 8oz on mine, they just keep on bending.

K

keith buckley

Ed your a cheapskate./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
Hi Gerry. Garbolino do a whip exactly like your looking for. I cant remember the name off hand .I know its black and yellow and it is a lovely little tool.It was about 25-30 quid. I bought one to contribute for a raffle prize and didnt want to give it over lol.

gerry h

Reaction score
thanks for the info chaps ,some good some not so ,as normal

Risque,I,ve seen the garbolino one 12 months ago in a tackle shop in france ,but alas didnt buy it and i havent seen one since even ont net

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
Maybe a bit of a long shot Gerry but try Pontnewwyd Tackle in Cwmbran. If you cant get any joy with the number because of my lousy welsh then PM me and I will get the number for you.

K

keith buckley

Browning used to do a telescopic whip of aprox the dimensions you are looking for. I don't know if they still do it but it might be worth a look. Best of luck.

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
Apologies .

I dont want to put anybody down at all but that whip on the link above can be bought from most garden centres etc for three quid and is in truth bloody awful and only folds down to around 1 metre.

I literaly have one in the garden now with the bottom section rammed in the mud and pegging up arose bush and its greatfor that.