perch fishing at toft newton

The Codfather

Reaction score
Hi all, me and a friend are looking to go to toft newton in the next few weeks to have a go for some perch..

I heard that you can only use spinners and/or spoons.. is this true..

Also id like to hear from other people who have had previous experiences their to try and get a feel for the place as iv never visited the venue before..

All replies welcome /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

This is taken from their website ....... HERE

Coarse Fishing
We will open for coarse fishing during the trout close season on the first three weekends in January. The 5th & 6th, 12th & 13th, 19th & 20th - each day from 8am to 4pm. The fishery holds a good head of coarse fish and often these are taken on the fly. Perch to 4Ib 8oz, Bream to 10Ib+, Roach to 3Ib+ and Pike to 10Ib have all been recorded in the past. Let's hope a few of them turn up during these trials.
Most methods and groundbaiting will be allowed. Live baiting for Pike will not be allowed.
Trout will be returned immediately to the water. Coarse fish can be retained in keepnets and will be returned at the end of the day.
Cost of a day ticket is £6 and a limited number of boats will be available for hire at a cost of £10 each - these should be reserved. Trout fly anglers are welcome on the open days and get the chance to fish on catch & release at a discount to the normal £9 a day !

C

Cakey

blimey thats along way up to go perch fishing in a sox hat !

The Codfather

Reaction score
yep its on mine too..well not literally but its worth a crack for some monster perch!

Trisantona

Reaction score
A featureless concrete bowl,matches there were always won with sprayed maggot and fish on the drop,you could try that and run a small spinner,plug or spinner baitthrough every now and then.

The Codfather

Reaction score
I was thinkin of taking some maggots, because i think my mate will be going with the lobworm approach so we can cover both angles...

Im guessing an ondex spinner wont go amiss either!

The Codfather

Reaction score
well i went to toft newton...twice and caught nothing but trout..mind you i did have them in good numbers so it kept the wind at bay!!