Rucksack!

dangermouse

Reaction score
I can't be doing with rucksacks or anything that goes over both shoulders.I've tried them and they are just too uncomfortable for me. Shoulder bag everytime.

Funny, I find the opposite is true. A single strap puts all the pressure on one shoulder, the rucksack distributes the weight across both. I do need to buy a new one though, one that has a belt strap so some of the weight is taken by the hips.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Funny, I find the opposite is true. A single strap puts all the pressure on one shoulder, the rucksack distributes the weight across both. I do need to buy a new one though, one that has a belt strap so some of the weight is taken by the hips.

Bag on one side, holdall on the other = balanced + both hands free incase you fall, need to open a gate, climb a style, fence, swing through the trees like tarzan etc etc ;)

dangermouse

Reaction score
Bag on one side, holdall on the other = balanced + both hands free incase you fall, need to open a gate, climb a style, fence, swing through the trees like tarzan etc etc ;)

Probably wouldn`t work for me. I have to walk through several of those contraptions that are designed to stop bikes whizzing down paths. I can manage it with the minimum of fuss with a rucksack and holdall. Plus I carry my chair in my left hand if I take it.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Probably wouldn`t work for me. I have to walk through several of those contraptions that are designed to stop bikes whizzing down paths. I can manage it with the minimum of fuss with a rucksack and holdall. Plus I carry my chair in my left hand if I take it.

Those anti bike contraptions are bad enough to get through when your carrying nothing at all, especially the ones made of large heavy box section metal !!

dangermouse

Reaction score
I can't be doing with rucksacks or anything that goes over both shoulders.I've tried them and they are just too uncomfortable for me. Shoulder bag everytime.

I would have thought you`d have a nice big carper`s barrow by now Skip. :D :p

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Mark only pulling your leg mate,I know from your posts you are a buyer of quality tackle(tart) he he.
Honestly though the Korum bags are extremly well made and wouldnt give you cause to grumble or I would not have reccomended them.I think they will please a purveyor of fine tackle.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Not a rucksack fan either for various reasons. I use a one shoulder bag – usually the old Fox Evolution carryall does everything I require and I also have no urges to go rambling;).
Jerry

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark only pulling your leg mate,I know from your posts you are a buyer of quality tackle(tart) he he.
Honestly though the Korum bags are extremly well made and wouldnt give you cause to grumble or I would not have reccomended them.I think they will please a purveyor of fine tackle.

Its ok mate, I know you were only having me on ;)
I do like some of korum stuff, I already have the full protection quiver, the chair and net bag and one of the Bait and bits bags it's just the rucksacks, I am not keen on the design of them.
(See, I am not really a tackle tart as I am not in to matching everything up ;))

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
You would be no good as a rambler then skip :D :D

Indeed not...I restrict my rambling to meetings at work.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

I would have thought you`d have a nice big carper`s barrow by now Skip. :D :p

No chance...but I said that about poles and carp rods too.I can still just about get all my gear on an ordinary trolley....and just about pull it too provided I stay on the main path. I discovered to my cost recently that trollies do not do short cuts through rough terrain particularly well. I ended up man hauling the damned thing up a 1 in 5 slope. Didn't do it or me any good at all.

Dont know what it is about rucksacks but I just can't get on with them. I always end up slinging them over one shoulder like a bag. I bought quite a nice TFG one a few years back..used it twice & its now in the shed.

Last edited: