Rucksack!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have decided to ditch my trusty carryall and buy myself a rucksack for ease of portability. I have looked at a few such as the Fox Royal, Korum and Wychwood models but just can't make my mind up! I am looking for something in the 40 to 45ltr size.
What do you guy's use and why?

Thanks

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I have decided to ditch my trusty carryall and buy myself a rucksack for ease of portability. I have looked at a few such as the Fox Royal, Korum and Wychwood models but just can't make my mind up! I am looking for something in the 40 to 45ltr size.
What do you guy's use and why?

Thanks

I am planning to buy the korum as it is compatible with my lightweight chair

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Well you need to spend big!!! you dont want no tat from China !!!!!!
Something bespoke !!!!! made from cow hide !!!!!!
Only pulling yer leg Korum quality but not sure if they do one that size!!!!!

sagalout

Reaction score
I have a TFG 30-50 litre for occasional use, cost about a tenner of ebay second hand but like new. I am packing it now for it's first outing, going to a relative for a couple of days fishing tomorrow and it involves a long walk across fields so the barrow ain't suitable.

dezza

Reaction score
I acquired for myself a TFG Compact Seatbox which is nice for trotting and holds virtually all your gear. The legs are adjustable and it is very comfortable to sit on. You can also carry it like a rucksack.

My rucksack is a rather fancy Greys Prodigy type which I got second hand. It is very comfy to carry

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I love Korum stuff, good quality, but I don't really like the design of the sacks!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Korum ruckbag.

I really like the fact that things can be accessed much more easily than a standard 'deep' rucksack.

That;ss the one for me.

I've had mine for a fair few seasons now; it is compatible with the Korum Adjustable and lightweight chairs as is exceptional for river wandering.

I couple mine with the Korum 2 rod quiver so that together they account for all of my day-to-dau river needs.

Excelptional kit, long lasting, light weight and doesn't cost the earth to but.

I really cannot see a better alternative.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I have used mine for barbel fishing in the past Pete, but mainly use it for still water angling now, I prefer something smaller for river fishing.

Brilliant for a day session though, it can hold flasks, food and bait, if I do an overnighter I just take an extra bag.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Korum ruckbag, in conjunction with a Korum chair, for an awful lot of my fishing. Big enough for most things without being so big that it encourages you to take the kitchen sink.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I've got a Fox Warrior. I must admit that I prefer a rucksack that closes with straps rather than a zip - it makes it much easier to carry an unhooking mat or a spare coat.

maceo

Reaction score
I've got the XL Korum ruckbag and find it very good.

Well designed and comfortable to carry and loads of pockets for bits. Slides underneath the chair out of the way once I'm tackled up and as has been said earlier - the fact it unzips all the way round so you can get at everything is really useful.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have the ordinary korum rucksack and I supppose it's ok. I also have a british army rucksack which imo is better than any of the purpose built fishing rucksacks.
Personally i'd prefer a shoulder bag to a rucksack as you have to carry a rod holdall in your hand when using a rucksack.
I prefer to use my korum shoulder bag but to be honest I like my aldi shoulder bag.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Personally i'd prefer a shoulder bag to a rucksack as you have to carry a rod holdall in your hand when using a rucksack.

:confused:

I use a rucksack and have no problems getting my rod holdall over my shoulder.

murv

Reaction score
Another vote for the Korum ruckbag. I have the XL which is often a bit too small but it shows I need to cut the amount of junk I carry around rather than actually needing anything bigger!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Gav,
I don't mind buying stuff that's made in China or other far eastern countries, Its the cheap and nasty stuff that I wont buy, and we know who sells that, don't we????

I am going to have a look at the new Fox Royal sack at the weekend. It looks just the right size and it's not to deep and for £45 seems a bargain...But I might change my mind before the weekend ;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
:confused:

I use a rucksack and have no problems getting my rod holdall over my shoulder.

I know you can hang the rod bag on your shoulder (where it's constantly falling off if you don't keep pushing it back on or keep a hand on it) but you can't put the strap over your head so the strap goes across your chest. With a bag you can do this as well as a holdall on your other side and even a chair leaving both your hands free. This method also keeps you balanced more making walking more comfortable.
For me this works better than a rucksack....anyone want to buy some rucksacks...give me a shout :D.

dangermouse

Reaction score
I know you can hang the rod bag on your shoulder (where it's constantly falling off if you don't keep pushing it back on or keep a hand on it) but you can't put the strap over your head so the strap goes across your chest. With a bag you can do this as well as a holdall on your other side and even a chair leaving both your hands free. This method also keeps you balanced more making walking more comfortable.
For me this works better than a rucksack....anyone want to buy some rucksacks...give me a shout :D.

I manage to get the strap over my head.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I manage to get the strap over my head.

That must be very uncomfortable and personally I wouldn't like to walk very far with my holdall resting/ pressing on the back of my neck.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Nope, if it was uncomfortable I wouldn`t do it. Pretty sure the holdall doesn`t press against my neck either.

Could depend on the holdall and/or your build I guess.