Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rucksack!

Default Rucksack!

I have decided to ditch my trusty carryall and buy myself a rucksack for ease of portability. I have looked at a few such as the Fox Royal, Korum and Wychwood models but just can't make my mind up! I am looking for something in the 40 to 45ltr size.
    What do you guy's use and why?

Thanks

Default Re: Rucksack!

Quote Originally Posted by mark brailsford 2 View Post
    I have decided to ditch my trusty carryall and buy myself a rucksack for ease of portability. I have looked at a few such as the Fox Royal, Korum and Wychwood models but just can't make my mind up! I am looking for something in the 40 to 45ltr size.
    What do you guy's use and why?

Thanks
    I am planning to buy the korum as it is compatible with my lightweight chair

Smile Re: Rucksack!

Well you need to spend big!!! you dont want no tat from China !!!!!!
    Something bespoke !!!!! made from cow hide !!!!!!
    Only pulling yer leg Korum quality but not sure if they do one that size!!!!!

I have a TFG 30-50 litre for occasional use, cost about a tenner of ebay second hand but like new. I am packing it now for it's first outing, going to a relative for a couple of days fishing tomorrow and it involves a long walk across fields so the barrow ain't suitable.

Blog Entries

I acquired for myself a TFG Compact Seatbox which is nice for trotting and holds virtually all your gear. The legs are adjustable and it is very comfortable to sit on. You can also carry it like a rucksack.

My rucksack is a rather fancy Greys Prodigy type which I got second hand. It is very comfy to carry

Quote Originally Posted by Gav Barbus View Post
    Well you need to spend big!!! you dont want no tat from China !!!!!!
    Something bespoke !!!!! made from cow hide !!!!!!
    Only pulling yer leg Korum quality but not sure if they do one that size!!!!!
    I love Korum stuff, good quality, but I don't really like the design of the sacks!

I have the Korum ruckbag.

I really like the fact that things can be accessed much more easily than a standard 'deep' rucksack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    I have the Korum ruckbag.

I really like the fact that things can be accessed much more easily than a standard 'deep' rucksack.
    That;ss the one for me.

I've had mine for a fair few seasons now; it is compatible with the Korum Adjustable and lightweight chairs as is exceptional for river wandering.

I couple mine with the Korum 2 rod quiver so that together they account for all of my day-to-dau river needs.

Excelptional kit, long lasting, light weight and doesn't cost the earth to but.

I really cannot see a better alternative.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I have used mine for barbel fishing in the past Pete, but mainly use it for still water angling now, I prefer something smaller for river fishing.

Brilliant for a day session though, it can hold flasks, food and bait, if I do an overnighter I just take an extra bag.

Korum ruckbag, in conjunction with a Korum chair, for an awful lot of my fishing. Big enough for most things without being so big that it encourages you to take the kitchen sink.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast