more fishing being talked

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Over the last week or so I've noticed that more pure fishing related threads have been getting a good response and for me it's been a nice change to participate in a serious thread like the flaot or leger thread(even though I don't add much of value) rather than the scouse nicking hubcap, gay monk, barbel rants that usually get loads of replies - AND yes I know I'm one of the worst for the daft thread onb here.

But having said all this doesn't mean that Deanos and Baz can stop posting - keep at it boys

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I think that the upturn in weather and final arrival of what looks like spring has had something to do with it M'lud....

real fishing questions about real fishing in prospect and real fishing weather for the last few weeks while the rivers are still open and not clogged with weed before the close season shut down.... an end to cooped up indoors winter madness and cabin fever posting, exacerbated by following theworst summer and autumn in memory before that. Crossed fingers for the weather ahead.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
true the weather make you feel like getting yourself on the bank at present

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Great minds think alike. Just today I was thinkin about how many of the posts here are NOT fishing related. Its like a current affairs forum !

Joey

Reaction score
I think that non fishing threads are supposed to be posted in Bait Box. Even serious threads will however get side tracked from time to time.

Sod the computer, the suns shining, I'm going fishing./forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with daft threads, non fishing threads or side tracked threads but a one point there seemed to be very few fishing threads

G

Gary Knowles

"Over the last week or so I've noticed that more pure fishing related threads have been getting a good response and for me it's been a nice change to participate in a serious thread like the flaot or leger thread"

Good - and long may it continue...

Reaction score
Yes, I have noticed a distinct lack in good solid angling threads.

Far too much forum tennis slagging of those who are condemended to a life of eternal darkness (scousers) and gay mancs (or was it monks?).

There have been plenty of xenophobic comments re our eastern european friends who are clearly all piking eating, carp stealing poachers - who should all join the ACA along with all the unified british anglers. The RSPB hasa lot to answer for too - the consensus seems to be that they should be shot along with the cormorants.

Our favourite journo Mr.Greg was given a bit of a hard time too, which was nice.

There wa a period where the forum was compleely taken over by poo threads, which I still maintain had nothing to do with me. It just happened.

We were also treated to the marvelous photographic series 'Ed's Beard', which also featured some very nice specimen fish.

One of the highlights was the Phil v Baz 'we don't know waht happened' fight, which was very entertaining, but sadly ended when Phil appologised then turned himself inside out and vanished!

Now I'm looking forward to more fishing posts and a flood of articles.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes I totally agree far too much non related stuff on here, we need more fishing threads this is a fishing site after all

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Matt

With the

imminent relocation of Furkum Hall - the writing has slowed - much to the relief of some on here.

But once I'm in resident at the new place (or Palace) then I'll try to get the input back up.

Andy M

Reaction score
Heartily agree with all above.

Being relatively new I just assumed that winter was silly season at FM and that the lengthening days would result in normal service being resumed and as the good Lord says, this seems to be the case.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Baz (Angel of the North) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Scuse me lad.

It was me that apologised.</blockquote>

Oops, sorry Baz my mistake.

I don't want to start all that again...

Reaction score
I suppose your right..........

Looks like were going to have todo more fishing and spend less time in bait box.

Does that mean that the following topic's are off limit for a given period of time....

Scouse abuse threads

Mancunian Abuseincluding gay innuendo threads

Baz's sheep shagging exploits threads

M'lords accomodation and alcohol threads

Poo threads

Eds beard Threads

Immigations and polish threads (including gypsy threads)

What will we talk about now????????

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I like to think of this site as a place where people who go fishing communicate.

It is an invaluableresource in terms of fishing articles, rig libraries, product reviews and advice on the forum.

The forum is also however is a place where people communicate and often become friends along the way. Friends enjoy talking, enjoy a joke and even as fisherman they will discuss more topics than just fishing.

It is only natural to expect non-fishing related threads; I don't feelthis detracts from the site's value at all. If all non-fishing discussions were banned (and I'm not suggesting anyone has asked for that) the forum would becomemuch quiterand poorer for it in my opinion. the non-fishing threads don't prevent people from discussing a fishing topic they happen to be interested in.

Graham has stated on a another thread that anyone who craves more specific fishing related discussions should start a thread about their chosen topic as he did, Gary started his 'Thinking angler' related thread and good discussion points they are too.

My thoughts are 'yes it's a fishing site but I wouldn't want to change anything at the moment regarding it's content'.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>The Monk, wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>yes I totally agree far too much non related stuff on here, we need more fishing threads this is a fishing site after all</blockquote>
Does that mean your going fishing again, a lot has changed since the 70's you know/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Monk

Nothing wrong with non fishing threads - after all there a limit on how much waffle even we can talk about fish.

Nor do I mind threads going off topic - it like a conversation - it flows and drifts of subject and back on to it.

It was just a refreshing change to read something about fishing that didn't start and end in 4 posts.

Personally I blame Graham for trying to drag us out of the gutter - where we would quite happily live

Piky Paul - spot on my good man