Forum Problems?

C

Chris Corderoy

Ok, it has come to my attention that some of you are having problems with the forum, it also seems to be limited only to FISHINGmagic therefore I have started this thread to see if we can can sort them out.

I am the guy who built it (might be setting myself up for abuse here :) ), therefore the best person to speak to, so here's your chance...fire away.

C

Carp Angler

Cool shades, obviously from the mountain bike site!
I got about 30 notifications yesterday and there wasn't an update shown on the thread.
I put this down to my cookies not being read properly and thus the site not showing me the correct updates.
I then tried to post a message to the River Itchen thread and received an error which I mailed to Graham.

While we've got your attention, give us back our edit facilities.

Thanks for your time, "cool shades Chris"

C

Carp Angler

just got another one.........

FISHINGmagic Forum - New reply posted
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:32:06 -0000
To: <carp.angler@talk21.com>
Cc:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Carp,

Just to let you know that your post in thread title 'River Itchen,
Swaythling' on FISHINGmagic.com has had a response.

To read the full response, go to
http://www.FISHINGmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=2&UTN=322#

C

Chris Corderoy

>I then tried to post a message to the >River Itchen thread and received an >error which I mailed to Graham.

Right cool I fixed this error today, but the problem with getting notification on the 'River Itchen' thread is strange, have you tried to disable the notification?

C

Carp Angler

That would be futile if someone was actually posting.
Can you see if anyone has tried to post against it?

C

Carp Angler

Looks like you might need a bit more glue.......
It's come unstuck...

error '80020009'
Exception occurred.

/forum/threadreply.asp, line 93

C

Chris Bishop

Chris - it works well by and large. I wouldn't mind binning forum notification though. Can I block sender without cutting myself off from the mailing list..?

C

Carp Angler

Chris B,
When you post a reply you can check the "Disable" box
or when you receive a notification follow the disable link and it automatically disables it for you.

C

Carp Angler

I've just had another 2 notifications but still no updates.

Bugger this, I'm going fishing.

P

peter webber

Chris ( cool dude )
I have been trying to put a thread into Centerpin fishing since last night and I keep getting :
error 80020009
exception occurred
/forum/threadreply.asp.line93

Pete
---(*}}}}<

C

Chris Corderoy

Ok looks like it is only related to that thread as everyone else can post in this thread.

C

Chris Corderoy

Right guys your be glad to know I have found the problem and its all related.

Its due to member paul williams being removed from our database although he still had a message in the forum and it has caused major hassle with notification as it would stop when trying to send to this member who does not exist. Thats why no replies have appeared on the thread but everyone got mail, not to worry though I will have it sorted. Sorry for the hassle it has caused!

P

Paul Williams

Your Sorry!!!! my only defence guv is that Sedge taught me all i know about PC,s!!! Sorry all.

S

Stewart Bloor

I can't believe it - PAUL WILLIAMS you have a lot to answer for......Mind, it shouldn't come as no surprise, he's been causing problems for me ever since I've known him. Can't we just anihilate him or something?
Seriously now, glad to see everything is working fine. I was having problems yesterday posting on any thread, but it's all in working order now.

S

Stewart Bloor

I DON'T BELIEVE IT...I send a mail and when it appears, I find the offensive, sorry, offending, Mr Williams has beaten me by a few seconds !!!
By the way Paul, how did you get on today, I was going to phone you but didn't have your mobile number with me. I blanked !! But I got talking to a guy who is very interested in the BCSG, so that was good. Mind, when I mentioned your name he said he was busy that night. Which was strange, because I hadn't mentioned a date....

P

Paul Williams

I think this thread should be your own Sedge !! the title suits you a treat!! and modesty prevents me from telliing you how i done today !!!!

G

Goose Ganderton

Chris I also keep getting multipul notifications but no updates. Also how do I join the flash sods club and stick my picture up. Your shades arnt that great, were they the free ones on the cover of Trout angler a couple of months ago:)

G

Goose Ganderton

Looking at your picture Paul I would say your head lamp strap is to tight, must be stopping the blood reaching your brain causing you to be stupid or something

P

Paul Williams

Goose don't go there !!!! thats what caused all the probs, me trying to get my pic up!!! I was going to tell you how to do it, but i had better leave it to someone else, but if they don't i will!