if you could fish ANYWHERE in the world for 2 weeks???

Morespiders

Reaction score
Cant understand them all Dougal, when we have such nice muddy places to fish on our door step.Come with us on saturday Doug, you can catch carp after carp no problem.

eric hall

Reaction score
Absolutely New Zealand, breathtaking scenery, great sea fishing from boat or shore caught loads of snapper last time I was there and then cooked them on the bbq on the return. There is also very good coarse fishing over there, big carp, tench and some cracking golden rudd. One of my favourite places in the world. The people are nice too.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Key West, Florida. It's the biz.

Go to Garrison Bite marina and look up Cap't Jack Kelly who has a small boat called 'Windy Day'. It's light line sport fishing at its best. The Tarpon are his speciality, and they go big, but Permit and Rays are also on the agenda. Great weather, easy flight, and Key West is the wackiest place i have ever been, great fun.

W

Wolfman Woody

Morespiders says " Very fetching photo of you GEOFF, you almost look unintelligent like me. Although you dont have the same filmstar look's, my granny says you look a bit like GEOFF Chandler."

He's just trying to wind me up. I'm not biting. I'm ignoring it.

/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

simpsons-the-doh-4900579.jpg

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'm glad I don't look like Jeff Chandler ---He's been dead for 47 years ........

georgehooks

Reaction score
Right now I'm eager to try Mexico... I've heard that both fishing in Playa del Carmen and Cancun are pretty amazing! Plus on both places you have resorts and All Included option, with great beaches and activities for all the family. These two would be perfect spots for family vacations... What do you think?

spenbeck

Reaction score
Ireland around Killeshandra. Back there in June. It does not get any better for me.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread was started in 2008 and there are some lovely reminders of a few of the past members reading back.

I was very fortunate in my working career as it took me all over the world so I got to fish in some amazing places, South America and Iceland for Trout, Norway and Sweden for Salmon and some amazing coarse fish, America for some strange things like Crappie and Canada for Carp and the trout. I fished for Marseer in India long before it was popular and France and Denmark for coarse fish, and Holland for the great Perch.

These days I am more than content to fish my local Hampshre Avon for roach, dace and chub, and the chalk steams for the trout, and I guess the wander lust has been satiated . . . . at least for now but I'd love to challenge those Icelandic trout once again ;)

bullet

Reaction score
Right now I'm eager to try Mexico... I've heard that both fishing in Playa del Carmen and Cancun are pretty amazing! Plus on both places you have resorts and All Included option, with great beaches and activities for all the family. These two would be perfect spots for family vacations... What do you think?

Yes, great spots.
Do a search on world sea fishing......lots of very useful and current imformation on this area.

John Keane

Reaction score
Stuff the sun, it’d be somewhere like the Kola Peninsula, Iceland or Alaska fishing the fly for salmon.

steve2

Reaction score
There are so many places in this country I have never fished but put me on Britford or Throop just trotting a float and I would be happy. Never wanted to fish my way round the world.
Put the clock back and it would fishing the small streams of 50 years.

bracket

Reaction score
I will just stick to what I know. Clifton Grove on the Trent would do nicely for me. Not just for two weeks but forever. Pete.