What to do during the closed season

Reaction score
Paul (Brummie),

One of my clubs has a lovely stretch of the Wye, and myself and Jim are tooled up with special permits and are buying salmon/ trout/ migratory licences at the end of the month.

What month do the shad run? It sounds very exciting!!

Is it small Mepps and Ondex for them?

Drop me an email mate /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Recovering from a replacement knee op. I'll not be driving for 5-6 weeks, a few gentle riverside walks when mobile, then it will be June 16th before I know it.Could not have planned it better /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

eric hall

Reaction score
Hi Woody I remember about 8 years ago catching a small brown trout on the Tidal Thames in Barnes where I used to live, there are so many fish here and I used to be the only one to fish there at barnes Bridge, I used to live there. Beautiful trotting a stick float or a drennan clear chubber over the shingle catching herring size dace and then the trout! Not sure what it is like there now, hooked a big carp once there too on hair rigged sweetcorn, opps giving all my secrets away now!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

****y, just read your post......signing off soon....if i don't PM you remind me and i will tell you where to get the best shad catcher.

Reaction score
a twenty pond carp from a local gravel pit is my target. should chase away those close season blues./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I've had a couple of brownies off the Thamesand last week I had a Sea Trouton cheespaste.