A New Angle in Teaching Kids how to Fish

Iain Riley

Reaction score
In the Midlans area gladlie at presant i cant afford to become a coach but ultimatly it is for that same reason to teach kid not only to enjoy nature and how to look after it both normal and under pivaliged but special needs to. So fi you want or need me count me in/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

yours Iain Riley ( redditch)

C

Clive

You might consider two years of night-school first. /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

E

EC

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Clive wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

You might consider two years of night-school first. /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif</blockquote>

No need for that comment here!

C

Clive

You have a problem with that Eddie? Well so did I.

No point in beating about the bush. If you need help then get help.

E

EC

The bottom line is, unlike anyone else herethe lad actually offered to help, so my 'problem' is thatI think his statement deserved more respectthan whatyou showed.

It's a fishing forum which encourages all members of all angling abilities and all backgrounds to take part Clive, comments like that bring nothing to the party mate, and if anything serve only to discourage members from posting.

C

Clive

You obviously understood what he wrote Eddie. Good for you.

I had no idea what he was saying/writing and suggested he do something about that .

You post to these forums to get a message across, that message should be in a form that is reasonably accessable to minimum understanding.

And that has nothing to do with angling abilities or background. Its just common sense to make yourself understood.

Iain, no disrespect intended, and if you were offering a service then good for you, but please make it clearer. /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Iain Riley wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

In the Midlans area gladlie at presant i cant afford to become a coach but ultimatly it is for that same reason to teach kid not only to enjoy nature and how to look after it both normal and under pivaliged but special needs to. So fi you want or need me count me in/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

yours Iain Riley ( redditch)</blockquote>

It's not difficult Clive. I think Iain was trying to say this:

I'm in the Midlands area, Gladllie. At the present, I can't afford to become a coach. I think it is important to teach kids to enjoy nature and look after it. I would like to help any kids, including under privalaged and special needs. If you would like my help then count me in.

Hope this helps anyone who can't be bothered to try to comprehend what was written.

C

Clive

Matt, I bow to a superior assumption.

I've just finished a tender rare rump steak, buttery mash, and roasted tomatoes, plus a glass of the good stuff.

So I'm feeling mellow.

E

EC

Clive that looks a great tea,espesh the mash.

Ido not wish to prolong this but you are wrong mate. Having difficulty in making yourself understood on an internet forumis often nothing to do with common sense.

Examples: Dyslexics,those whomay struggle touse apc/mouse or do not possess the motor skills to fully operatea keyboard or those whom have difficulty conveying thoughts into aclear written/typed language, I could go on. But these difficulties are nothing to do with common sense at all.

Iainmadehimself understood perfectly clearly to me, Matt and everyone else who clicked on the thread I bet, including youI suspectClive. FM is everythingto do with encouraging input from all members fromall angling and educational abilities. Why else would The Editor offer to edit and publish articles from those who may struggle a little with punctuation and the like?

Lets leave it here though lads.

Iain contact the NFA or have a look on the NFA website. There will be a local coaching contact in the worcs area who will definitely use you in a coaching/helping capacity, provided you have the relevant criminal records bureau check and ( I think) attend achild protection course.

Sometimes there are courses run by the NFA/Environment Agency/or local clubsfor those who mightstruggle financially to afford to do the courseso check these areas out first.

Volunteers like yourself are gold dust mate, good luck and keep us allinformed on how you get on!

Iain Riley

Reaction score
I haven't got the four hunndred plus to take a grade1 piece of paper that say's i can get 1 mill public liability cover.Now i'm not knocking coaches .I asspirer to be one my self but once you learnt two ways ether off familey or cathing minnows and then sombody woulds say well how you tried that,and thats how you learnt .There wern't coashes back thenan if i can help youi in any way i'm am offering it .then your drive might be somthing else to mine.miine is to show people theres somthing eles they can do an appecate .That might keep them out of truble of may be give somone some resect for the ****ryside then it's a bonus.

T

The Welsh Windbag

I have nothing but respect for people who offer their time and help freely and for such good causes as youth development. Neither do I have any problem with the dyslexic. One of the cleverest people I have ever met is a chronic dyslexic. But boy, can he carve wood like an angel has taken over his fingertips.

Sadly tho I have little doubt that it's a wind up. Another troll. HP in another less literary disguise perhaps ?

Nowt in his profile. The pattern of spelling mistooks is completely unlike any genuine dyslexic (go Google a bit, the research is interesting).

And the spelling of the word 'countryside' in the last sentence is more than a bit of a dead giveaway. Just pushing the credibility boundary that wee bit too far to get away with it, sorry.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Ian you will certainly need a PAA level 2 or a NFA level 2 coaching qualification plus the relevant CRB (Criminal records bureau) checks as well as public liability insuranceto take people and childrenfishing.

If you are really keen and cannot afford the cost of the coaching qualifications then you might try the local EA who sometimes offer free bursaries to people who are keen to coach.

http://www.paauk.com/join.php PAA website

http://www.nfadirect.com/page.asp?section=0001000100230008&pagetitle=Become+a+CoachNFA website

http://www.allthingspiscatorial.com/index.htmAll things piscatorila website for fishing coaches

Good luck I hope you do well.

RegardsIan Gemson PAA Level 2 Coach

www.smartcarping.com

Iain Riley

Reaction score
the police parts cool ,no problems as far as i know/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gifbut thats not realy the point when do's the man on the bank stop being a part time coach ,if sombody is being politeand not a pain in the arsse times or they might help me .

I,de love to coach but at the end of the day it's somthing to aim for plus it's finding simpertheicshcools and other like mindded people,but the coach is a newish thing over the last 20 years I don't know if it's my age but i have promlims rembring whencoaching became populer

hooktie(Iain)

Reaction score
sorry i didn't think the spelling was that bad.sorry but most of threse get writen late at night as thats normally only get the time.But as my macheine has got a http;/ virus that is killing it quite quickly. hopfully as is earlyer in the evening i'll be online if i get chance so hopefully the spelling will improve as that i'm not cross eyed fron things done that day.Iain

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Iain its not really relivant when coaching became popular. All that matters is that if you want to coach people you need to attain certain mimimum qualification. These are not to find out if you can actually fish !. The are based around first aid, Health and saftey, and childwelfare.

lynda lythgoe

Reaction score
Hi Iain

Just to echo what Eddie said earlier people who are willing to give their time and pass on knowledge are GOLDUST and are always welcome in every situation however it is a good idea to be in possession of the tools you need to do itproperly andto be aware of all the potential pitfalls in order to protect <u>yourself. </u>

Things have moved on from the days when you could just help youngsters out quite innocently and nobody thought anything of it, now schools are particular about using licensed coaches.

I am a Level 2 coach like Ian and I endorse the advice he is giving have a look at the web site information.... I could be wrong but the Level 1 course costs about £218 however there are sometimes free places available through the NFA. Iknow there were bursaries fordisabled anglers but do look into it ASAP. It is now mandatory to do Level 1before you can take a level 2. The new level 2 courses will be starting in September but you could get a level 1done in the meantime. Good Luck.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Lynda thank you for your post when i was looking for a place to take my qualification the local EA had enough budget to offer a few busaries.

Unfortunatly i could not manage to pin one down but its always worth an ask. I have after I passed my coaching I made a decision to work with the NFA and EA and I will do as many as 12 events a year coaching children of all abillities including disabled and children with learning dificulties.

For me the fun and enjoyment I get from these sessionsis impossible for me to express I have got a whole spring and summers worth of NFA coiaching events I have booked myself onto and i am really loking forward to it.

Thanks for your time and good luck Lynda tight lines

Iain Riley

Reaction score
hi all i appreciatewhat every body is trying to say i already hold a first aid cert the collage course at Pershaw collage is about £400 i have checked some of these things out.

Lynda I very much agree with all you had to say you do have to protect yourself from possible inuendo to injury, as i've recently fractured spine nothing to worrying so iI will look into the disabled optionbut this is somthing to aim for everything takes time i'm not into the idea of do this to get rich as i won't but if it stops a few kid smashing up phone boxes or worse it's a good thing to aim for and in the meantime if i can help at any events or in other ways the offer is there the info i need is exactly the kind both Ian and Lyinda are giving me but snid remarcs like first try 2 years at night schooll don't unless they are going to explain what i need to be doing at these two years./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

It may take awile as at the moment money is the main stopping pointbut it will happen.SO please instead of telling me why not to do it ,if you havent anything constructive please think it but leave it at that./forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif

Iain/forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Iain Thank you for your kind offer of helping out at a coaching event. Please note any official run event (ie and event orgaised by a PAA or NFA level 2 coach) would require any assistants to be quailified to PAA or NFA level 1 as a minimum.

As said in earlier posts there is no short cuts to coaching you must attain a level 1 or a level 2to be able torun and organise event.

I amsure if you are really passionate about the sportthen its just a matter of hard work and talking to everyone and anyone who might be able to sponcer you. Try the local EA NFA local angling clubs the local Council etc etc

Good luck and tight lines

www.smartcarping.com

C

Clive

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Iain Riley wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I'm a carp angler and unless your spending the money to fish an exspensive water or your off on holliday to france why can't two rods be enough i have more than enough probblems with two sorry it will never work</blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Iain Riley wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

yours Iain Riley ( redditch)</blockquote>
Anorak I know but, any further comment needed?