Shimano Exage 3000 SRCDH or MHSRC

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
Ive got coming this week a 3 x Shimano Exage SRCDH which amongst other requirements will use one on my match float & light feeder rods.
I have since noticed that Shimano Exage also comes in High Speed Match version (MHSRC). The spool is shallower and has higher speed retrieve. Has anyone used both versions that can compare and whether is worth the hassle of exchanging one of SRCDH reels for the MHSRC or is the SRCDH the better all rounder ?

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
When Shimano do these high speed variants they are usually good when a speedy retrieve is a good thing. That might be any situation where every second counts. The downside is that the faster you retrieve, the more twist is induced. I seem to recall seeing some suggestion that you lose a bit of cranking power as the gear ratio increases too. However, I don't see that as a big problem because most of us don't winch fish in. Personally, I can't see any real point in you incurring the cost or hassle of sending any of the three back.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sams right mate,
You will be fine with the ones you have ordered. The gearing on the faster model is rather "slack" hope that helps mate.