sliverfish poles

fishingmags123

Reaction score
what is the best pole to use for sliverfish fishing on canals and rivers and lakes under 400 pound

Bluenose

Reaction score
I reckon the pole isn't as important as the top 3 you use and I reckon there are so many poles on the market that no one person will know or have an opinion as to which one is best.

Pick a model with loads of spares at reasonable cost which has good reviews and has stood the test of time. You'll get something perfectly adequate for under £300, or less if you go 2nd hand.

Welcome to the site btw.

B

binka

Hi,

Welcome to FM.

There will be many with a much better knowledge of poles than me but I immediatley thought of the Daiwa Conniseur Whip... I know it's a whip and not a pole as such but it seems pretty versatile to me at 8m with the option of extending as well as being able to elasticate the top section, perfect for silvers I would have thought?

If you try Fleabay you'll probably see one listed at less than half your budget if you keep checking.

C

chefster

Map TKS 125,Daiwa sr2,maver mt1,all13m and within your budget if you want new,otherwise like the others said 2nd hand you could probably pick up a 14.5m for same money.the thing with poles is when you get used to it you,ll want a longer one!!! Chefster

fishingmags123

Reaction score
i wanted to buy the

DAIWA TDXR1 PLUS POLE it comes with one match kit fitted and two spare power top twos, a cupping kit and holdall for 350 pounds
or

Shimano Technium All Round 13m for 300 pound which comes with Match kit on the pole.
2 x Power top 2 kits.
1 x Cupping Kit.
Pole protector tubes.
Full zip holdall.

or

MAP TKS 225 13M for 350 pounds comes with 1 x 13m TKS 225 Pole.
2 x Power Kits.
1 X Cupping Kit
1 X Dolly Butt
1 x Holdall & Tube
12 Month Guarantee.

C

chefster

If i were you i would go for the daiwa or map then,the shimano is a good pole with a good package,but its quite heavy,being a lot stronger its more suited to carp etc

thx1138

Reaction score
i wanted to buy the

DAIWA TDXR1 PLUS POLE ...or...Shimano Technium All Round 13m or... MAP TKS 225 13M

All 3 are well-made poles that will suit what you need.
For 'silverfish' fishing, you can also buy universal top kits that are suitable for use with light elastics (and significantly cheaper).

scottt

Reaction score
A shimano exage, is a very nice silvers pole, its not made for heavy Carp hauling, so is a bit lighter than most poles, you'll get a good 2nd hand one for £300.

captainbay

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i think you needs to do some research as i think it doesn't matter if you go with the brand or not, but your efforts is also key point. if you do good efforts you will get surely good.

C

chefster

i think you needs to do some research as i think it doesn't matter if you go with the brand or not, but your efforts is also key point. if you do good efforts you will get surely good.

What does this actually mean?????