A Passion for Angling

bub81

Reaction score
Just found out the DVD is now available from martinbowler.co.uk

I have no affiliation - I just thought some of you would like to know. IMO it is by far and away the greatest angling film-series ever made... and I ordered it this morning.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its been available from the Passion for Angling web site for years but only by Cheque or Postal Order. If don't want the hassle of snail mail you can buy PFA and also Catching The Imposable from Johnson Ross Carp Tackle online (very nice people)

Hope that helps

Frothey

Reaction score
Its that an indication of just how bad all the others are :wh

Jumping out of tree's, letting off fireworks, drinking on the backside, saying fish were caught from one lake when they were caught from another - everything that's bad with "modern" angling......

paul80

Reaction score
Ripping hooks from an Eels mouth is another fine example of the bad things that gets overlooked :eek:mg:

guest61

Reaction score
Offering a fish to a dog was something I'd rather not see again.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Always thought that the tone of the conversations was false "put on " as if trying to replicate the excitement of a couple of small schoolchildren.

As far as I am concerned catching the impossible was better by far, the excitement of MB being obviously real.

Keith M

Reaction score
Jumping out of tree's, letting off fireworks, drinking on the backside, saying fish were caught from one lake when they were caught from another - everything that's bad with "modern" angling......

When we used to have a closed season; Have you never spent an evening on a private water and toasted in the new season with a glass of wine? and let off a firework at midnight on the glorious 16th June?.

Have you never climbed a tree on a private lake to get a better vantage point to look for Carp movements?

Have you never tried to keep the swim that you caught a specimen from becoming known to all and sundry?

Nothing wrong with any of these things surely, especially as it was done on a private water. :) :D ;)

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Always thought that the tone of the conversations was false "put on " as if trying to replicate the excitement of a couple of small schoolchildren.

As far as I am concerned catching the impossible was better by far, the excitement of MB being obviously real.

I thought panic would be a better word.:wh

bennygesserit

Reaction score
lol Fair point at times, and especially true with the 5lb+ perch.

Ha ha never listen to the bit where he catches the barbel , with your eyes shut it sounds like a wierd pron film - "come on lady" , seriously its hilarious.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Just found out the DVD is now available from martinbowler.co.uk

I have no affiliation - I just thought some of you would like to know. IMO it is by far and away the greatest angling film-series ever made... and I ordered it this morning.

Thanks Bub, I agree tis the most bestest:D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What's up with you lot?
Always thought the series was Jolly good and a spiffing good show what :)
seriously I personally love the series, it really did show the general public the reasons we go fishing and it was so beautifully filmed, more like a wildlife film than an Angling series.

I have met Chris Yeats and he his one of the nicest people I have ever met and not as eccentric as some people think :)

I would love the CTI series on DVD but at seventy British pounds I think its a little to expensive, though it is very good.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The very best part for me was when the baitboat was ambushed and blown out of the water. If I won the lottery I would have a minature U- boat made and sink everyone of them:D