You"re first tackle

B

Berty

I,ve just thought of another tin we used, much sought after the st. bruno pipe tobaco tin large size, all top gear.:D:D:D

In the Midlands of the 60's oval shaped Bluebird toffee tins emptied by boxing day and the lid "holed" multiple times with a nail were class!

redfin123

Reaction score
Dose any one remember the names of the hooks in packets which you could get in yard or short draws as they were called then. I can remember one name, allcocks perfection, these were before spade ends were thought of.:)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
In the Midlands of the 60's oval shaped Bluebird toffee tins emptied by boxing day and the lid "holed" multiple times with a nail were class!

My Old Man had a garage half full of powdered baby milk tins for his nails & screws & stuff so I blagged a couple of those. Cow & Gate and Ostermilk.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Dose any one remember the names of the hooks in packets which you could get in yard or short draws as they were called then. I can remember one name, allcocks perfection, these were before spade ends were thought of.:)

No...I'm much too young to remember those. You'll be on about snap tackles with the trebles whipped on with red silk next. I'm too young to remember those either ! ;)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My Old Man had a garage half full of powdered baby milk tins for his nails & screws & stuff so I blagged a couple of those. Cow & Gate and Ostermilk.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

No...I'm much too young to remember those. You'll be on about snap tackles with the trebles whipped on with red silk next. I'm too young to remember those either ! ;)

Did you know that the maggot companies used to send the maggots out by post and rail in those tins the old boy who lived next door to me used to get his bait that way for years they were white with blue print .

B

Berty

Hmmmm.......greedy baby were you, or did your old man have a bike? :)

bennygesserit

Reaction score

snap !

you can see the wicker basket on the right and me on the home made strongbox with the leather strap that weighed as much as me.

First rod was cane but first one I really remember was my very own , bright blue fibre glass - brilliant.

I was sorting tackle out a couple of weeks ago and the smell of floats in a wallet took me right back to my childhood.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Waiting for the tackle to arrive circa 53/4!

fred-bonney-albums-barbelfisher-picture3469-me-again.jpg

S-Kippy

Reaction score

Hmmmm.......greedy baby were you, or did your old man have a bike? :)

I have two brothers.Simples.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

snap !

you can see the wicker basket on the right and me on the home made strongbox with the leather strap that weighed as much as me.

First rod was cane but first one I really remember was my very own , bright blue fibre glass - brilliant.

I was sorting tackle out a couple of weeks ago and the smell of floats in a wallet took me right back to my childhood.

Absolutely brilliant ! Hair just doesn't do that anymore ! :D

B

binka

Blimey Fred that just reminds me of my old man, he always used to wear his wellies rolled down but from my own experience around the same age it certainly saved the chaffed backs of the legs.

I am actually doubting the authenticity of this image as the person in the picture has no beard ;) :D

Great pics fellas.

S-Kippy

Reaction score

On the naughty step even then, Fred. :D
Turned down wellies....you never see THAT anymore but back then there was simply no other way to wear them. I think it might even have been illegal for a small boy to be caught wearing non regulation wellies in public.

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Why did they make us wear those itchy jumpers ?

Because they could ! There was no right of appeal in those days.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
My old man used to wear his wellies like that , can you even do that with todays wellies ? In those days they seemed to be canvas lined rather than all rubber.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Great photo that Fred, you look like you are about form the Barbel Meinhof gang. :D

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Great photo....i remember several science teachers with that look when i was at school. I figured they were all intoxicated by watching the moon landings at a critical stage in their development and wanted to be like James Burke.

sma

Reaction score

Was it "Indefeasible"? I remember these, but I'm only going back to the early seventies.