Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Fishing Horseshoe

Hi, anybody ever fished Horseshoe lake and if so how did you do and how did you fish it.
    I am going to use it as my no1 water this year and am looking for advice for the tench and carp. Thanks.
    Exit stage left

Thumbs up Re: Fishing Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Hi, anybody ever fished Horseshoe lake and if so how did you do and how did you fish it.
    I am going to use it as my no1 water this year and am looking for advice for the tench and carp. Thanks.
    A bit of advice, the first thing is do your homework. Walk round the lake study the swims as you go, watch for signs of fish rolling and look for features where carp might patrol like weed beads or over hanging trees. Take note of the time of day you saw carp rolling in any particular swim, look for patrol routes that carp may use on there search for food. Its not a good thing to go a new venue and start asking other anglers for advice because they tend to keep it under there hats the tips they have gleaned them selves by doing they,er homework. I hope this is helpful to you, stick at it and you will reap your rewards. tight lines mate. mick.

Default Re: Fishing Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by redfin123 View Post
    A bit of advice, the first thing is do your homework. Walk round the lake study the swims as you go, watch for signs of fish rolling and look for features where carp might patrol like weed beads or over hanging trees. Take note of the time of day you saw carp rolling in any particular swim, look for patrol routes that carp may use on there search for food. Its not a good thing to go a new venue and start asking other anglers for advice because they tend to keep it under there hats the tips they have gleaned them selves by doing they,er homework. I hope this is helpful to you, stick at it and you will reap your rewards. tight lines mate. mick.
    Cheers Mick, I have been ther to have a look and have a rough idea where to go. My problem is I can only fish days, so I woill need to locate some fish to have a shot.
    Exit stage left

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fishing Horseshoe

Follow the birdlife - or more accurately, try and be where they are heading
    Be in Summer bay BEFORE the fish are there, and don't bait over their heads
    Don't be afraid of a long walk.
    You don't have to cast miles, even in winter bay......
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!