Finally, some signs of fish.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I generally walk round my local gravel pit at least once a week. Since around November, I've seen barely a sign of any fish. Today, finally, I've seen a carp tail up in the margin. Shame it disappeared as soon as a little bait was introduced, but they've never liked much feed going over their heads on this water. It did look manky as hell, covered in muck and bloodworm/leeches. Hopefully, the predicted warm up will see them moving more and betraying their location as they crash about to clean off.

nicepix

Reaction score
What is the water temperature there Sam?

The big lakes I fish were 10C the other day, but we've had two days of temp's half that and it will be Tuesday before it gets back above 10C again. Other than a large fish continually jumping in the deepest part of the dam during a thunderstorm last week, I've not seen anything topping.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I didn't take the temperature today. Last Friday one of the lads measured it at 4.5 C. I dare say that the last couple of days of sunny spells may have upped it a little. The nightly frosts won't help much though.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I caught a carp today (intentionally) and lost one on roach gear so they do seem to be becoming active. My local lakes are now producing tench on a regular basis.