One for all the John Bailey Haters

blackout

Reaction score
I didnt know who he was before so thanks for enlightning me. I have no opinion other than to say its probably best not to know he beforehand that way you only have opinion on what he presents not preconcieved ones, you can get a better feel for if hes any good at what he does.

I would make a **** presenter, I sometimes think im a good angler but you cant beat the pros

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Indeed. You can't beat the Pros. Yet you might learn a lot from the gifted Amateurs,

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Not seen any of the new Crabtree stuff. Just know his books, of which "Roach the Gentle Giants" was like a bible when i lived in Norwich. Also introduced me to Chris Turnbull's excellent painting (and writings too).

nicepix

Reaction score
Not seen any of the new Crabtree stuff. Just know his books, of which "Roach the Gentle Giants" was like a bible when i lived in Norwich. Also introduced me to Chris Turnbull's excellent painting (and writings too).

There's the rub. Bailey only fronted the book. Other more knowledgeable anglers wrote it.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just caught up with the Crabtree series on Quest, the episode on early morning tench fishing. I thought Bailey did a good job and was very deferential to his Peter of the day. Since Mr Crabtree Goes Fishing was such an influence on me as a kid, I look forward to more of the same.

I am certainly no John Bailey hater, that rosette goes to Robson Bleedin' Greene!

B

binka

that rosette goes to Robson Bleedin' Greene!

Lol!

Has he actually put anything back alive yet without harpooning it, photographing it to death, shooting it or deafening it?

Or, come to that, boring it to death?