Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default discarded line and lost end tackle on islands

Discarded line and rubbish on the bank is disgraceful but what about those commercials with islands on?,

Me and my mates had to endure a full days fishing last season sat oposite a poor squawking moor hen - it was obviously very distressed suspended upside down with mono round its legs and the farmer didnt give a flying f**k!

It really spoiled our day it was awful

He was more guilty in my opinion than all the dickhead anglers not removing all the line which inevitably gets caught on these features, its a hazard for all wildlife isnt it?

chefster Guest

Default Re: discarded line and lost end tackle on islands

Quote Originally Posted by blackout View Post
    Discarded line and rubbish on the bank is disgraceful but what about those commercials with islands on?,

He was more guilty in my opinion than all the dickhead anglers not removing all the line which inevitably gets caught on these features, its a hazard for all wildlife isnt it?
    Have you never got caught up on the far bank then??

Quote Originally Posted by chefster View Post
    Have you never got caught up on the far bank then??
    I think you missed the point Chef. Anglers are obviously going to snag up on features like islands, it`s inevitable. However surely it`s the responsibilty of those who own the water to tidy it up or at least do something when wildlife is endangered. That`s all the OP is saying.
    Neil (PaSC Assistant Treasurer)
    "Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you. If he does not, why humiliate him?"

All it needs is a small boat and the owner cold clear up islands and collect all those snagged floats
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Paul of Sheffield View Post
    All it needs is a small boat and the owner cold clear up islands and collect all those snagged floats
    Yeah, and he could make a killing on Ebay

Seriously though, it should me made law that the land owner take responsibility for the Damage caused to wildlife by litter that is not removed from areas out of bounds to visiting Anglers (All Anglers leaving rubbish on the banks should be hung, drawn and Quartered! Sorry, just my opinion )

chefster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    I think you missed the point Chef. Anglers are obviously going to snag up on features like islands, it`s inevitable. However surely it`s the responsibilty of those who own the water to tidy it up or at least do something when wildlife is endangered. That`s all the OP is saying.
    No i never missed the point about responsible fishery owners,it was his comments about the dickheads who snag the islands that that i could,nt quite understand!,We,ve all caught a far bank feature at some point,even with practice and a line clip ,accidents happen,so if he,s saying that anyone who ever gets caught up snaps off is a dickhead ,then probably every angler is a dickhead....Most fishery owners have small rowing boats and retrieve lost and snagged tackle,why didnt he swim across and free the moorhen??

A few years ago on one of our local lakes someone took a push bike over to the Island and leant it against the no swimming sign! So funny

Quote Originally Posted by mark brailsford 2 View Post
    A few years ago on one of our local lakes someone took a push bike over to the Island and leant it against the no swimming sign! So funny
    I would have loved to have seen that Mark............very funny.

Maverick

chefster Guest

Another funny story!I was fishing a lake with a small island about 30m away,my top kit was not pushed on the pole far enough as i was playing a carp it came off and said carp swam attatched to my top kit to the island.There was a small boat in the next peg so i started to row out to the island ,i got about 10ft from the bank when it started to sink,i ended up dragging it back to shore and going for a swim!! October is not the best time to go for a swim in you,re boxers!!!!

I bet that was a massive amount of effort from somebody... but well well worth it!

I think that's the kinda thing that would make me giggle to myself for a full session!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast