cheap glug pot

sagalout

Reaction score
Sainsburys basics peanut butter comes in a plastic wide necked pot, ideal for re-use as a glug pot for 62p.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have noticed that the cardboard insert in the lid is not very very good with liquids. I have solve this by putting a piece of polythene over the top of the jar before screwing on the lid. I have been using bits of carrier bag for this because they are free.

The bad one

Reaction score
Marmite glug stick to the bait like s*** to a blanket! Great fish Attracter is yeast!

nicepix

Reaction score
35mm film containers make glug pots for a couple of boilies or pellets at a time. If you ask the assistants at photo processing shops they'll probably give you a few although they probably won't process that much film these days.

Personally I use small plastic food containers that fit inside a similar but larger box. I can put 20 or 30 boilies (I'm guessing) inside the larger box and 10 or a dozen glugged boilies inside the small box. For the afternoon sessions I usually enjoy that's plenty.

Peanut butter and Nutella are great squirrel baits ;)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Big user of both peanut butter (smooth) and Marmite, with the former better in summer months smeared on the bread for carp. However I keep both in my bag at all times as the latter is god in winter smeared on various meat baits
Strangely enough I have tried making bread paste with both (as a wrap on a hair rigged cork ball) and although it has worked on occasion the 'smear' method works better, for me, anyway!!
I have improved my floating bread fishing by using both of the above................